MEL Program Officer at Pathfinder International
Pathfinder International is driven by the conviction that all people, regardless of where they live, have the right to decide whether and when to have children, to exist free from fear and stigma, and to lead the lives they choose. Since 1957, we have partnered with local governments, communities, and health systems in developing countries to remove barriers to critical sexual and reproductive health services. Together, we expand access to contraception, promote healthy pregnancies, save women’s lives, and stop the spread of new HIV infections, wherever the need is most urgent. Our work ensures millions of women, men, and young people are able to choose their own paths forward.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: MEL Program Officer (Monitoring, Evaluation, Result & Learning Officer)
Requisition Number: MELPR001235
Employment Type: Full Time
Job Category: Monitoring, Evaluation & Learning
Reports to: State Program Manager
Objectives of the Project
The objectives of TAConnect G-ANC project are to:
- Improve the uptake and quality of a range of RMNCH services using Group Antenatal Care (G-ANC) in settings where ANC primary care services are delivered (facility and community)
- Support Borno state to adapt, adopt, implement, and sustain a group ANC model as part of their primary health care delivery services and system.
- Support the Borno State Malaria Elimination Program (Borno SMEP) to revise its policies to include active case detection and treatment during pregnancy, improved distribution of IPTp with SP through the G-ANC platform
- Support the Borno SMEP in strengthening malaria surveillance and look at how data from MiP can be applied to understand epi patterns in the broader population
- Assist Borno state to adopt and implement this policy at scale, including using human-centered design
Purpose of the Job
- The Job holder will be responsible for developing the capacity of partners and State team members to collect, analyze report and use information on services using the state health management information system and organizational developed Management Information System (MIS).
- The MERL officer will assist in the implementation of monitoring and evaluation of project activities across the State.
- S/he will summarize, analyze and interpret data collected from partners, project field office for monitoring project activities and assist the team leaders to prepare quarterly, annual and semi - annual plans and reports to donor and stake holders in accordance to specified timeline.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Coordinating and assisting project team in the development, management, and implementation of monitoring and evaluation plan(s) for the G-ANC project.
- Develop and maintain MIS system to capture, analyze and report on the G-ANC project indicators.
- Train team members, health staff and partners at all levels in completion, analysis, reporting and utilization of information collected for operational and strategic needs of the project.
- Summarize, analyze, and interpret data collected from partners, project, and field offices for monitoring project activities.
- Assist the Team lead to prepare quarterly, semi-annual, annual plans and reports to donor and stakeholders in accordance to specified timeline.
- Work with the project team to identify learning and developing success stories.
- Monitor the implementation of project specific M&E activities ensuring compliance with set standard, check and correct the quality of systems and data, and provide on-the- job problem-solving and training to correct the quality performance gaps.
- Train and monitor field coordinators in the use of data for management decision-making; enable result-based management.
- Travel extensively across all project sites to fulfill responsibilities.
- A Bachelor's Degree / HND in Demography, Statistics, Social Sciences, Public Health, Health Information Management or related field.
- 3 - 5 years of progressively responsible experience in designing, implementing, monitoring, and evaluating tasks for health and/or development projects.
- Demonstrated analytical and problem-solving skills and ability to work with various constituencies’ especially relevant government partners, and other implementing partners.
- Good understanding of the State health system structure and processes including community norms and values in the Northeast particularly in Borno State.
- Good oral and / or written communication skills and ability to effectively communicate technical material to both expert and lay audiences.
- Fluency in both written and spoken English and ability to speak local language is an advantage.
- Familiarity with indicators and standard measurement tools in the areas of ANC, RMNCH, HIV/AIDS, Malaria interventions and other relevant technical areas.
- Competency in MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and statistical software package (SPSS, EPI-INFO, STATA, SAS or similar).
Competencies / Attributes:
- PC Applications: Advanced knowledge of MS Outlook, MS Word.
- Sexual and Reproductive Health and Rights Services: Knowledge of family planning and reproductive health principles, practices and services, including program strategies and indicators.
- Analysis and Sound Judgement: Good analytical and trouble shooting skills. Ability to make sound judgments. Ability to improve processes, promote excellence and demonstrate accuracy and thoroughness.
- Communication: Advanced oral and written communication skills.
- Self-Management and Teamwork: Ability to work independently or as a member of the team, ability to be detailed-oriented and consistently accurate, ability to manage stress effectively in a fast-paced environment, and ability to quickly learn new systems, processes and procedures and adapt local practices to global standards.
- Matrix Management: Ability to thrive in a matrixed organization.
- Confidentiality: Proven ability to maintain confidentiality on work-related issues.
- Passion for Sexual and Reproductive Health Services: Commitment to family planning, reproductive health services, gender, maternal, child health services, and eradication of harmful traditional practices
- Influencing and Customer Service Skills: Ability to influence using diplomacy skills with key stakeholders. Advanced customer service skills.
- Organization, Planning and Multi-tasking: Advanced organizational and planning skills, project planning and management skills. Proven ability to set priorities, meet deadlines and multi-task with minimal supervision. Proven ability to coordinate activities.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply