Job descriptions Sample Templates How to do it yourself Words and Meanings Interview questions and answersJobs > NGO / Humanitarian > Mercy Corps recruitment for Youth Livelihood Interns
Mercy Corps recruitment for Youth Livelihood Interns
Jul 2, 2020, 8:15 PM
Mercy Corps is a leading global organization powered by the belief that a better world is possible. In disaster, in hardship, in more than 40 countries around the world, we partner to put bold solutions into action - helping people triumph over adversity and build stronger communities from within. Now, and for the future.
We are recruiting to fill the position below: Job Title: Youth Livelihood Intern Reference Number: MDG / HUMOPS / 2020 / 00038 Location: Maiduguri and Biu - Borno Slots: 2 Length of Internship: 6 months Interns Supervisor & Contact Information: Program Officer
Mercy Corps Responsibilities
- For the duration of this internship assignment, the intern will receive a monthly stipend of N60,000 and health insurance.
- Work with the program assistant’s in collecting and compiling all the documents ensuring they are filed both in hard and soft copy.
- Under supervision raise PR’s for hotel bookings for any trainings and workshops
- Support implementation of community engagement activities in collaboration with the program team.
- Support with organization of meetings with relevant stakeholders and guide the project staffs to the various meeting points as required.
- Support program officers to ensure progress according to the developed schedule and work plan.
- Support in the coordination in target geographic areas.
- Track all the items that shall be purchased for the use of program activities such as training material, and refreshments
- Support in conducting spot checks for program activities periodically, whilst collecting data on attendance and entry into the database
- With the support of the assistant’s, track MAIDA costs and take the department’s inventory and make request in time
- Perform other tasks as required.
- The MAIDA program will directly support the recovery of at least 70,000 women, men, girls and boys who are returnees, IDPs and members of host communities affected by the Boko Haram insurgency in southern and central Borno State
- The objective of MAIDA is to increase the social cohesion and resilience to economic, social and climate-related shocks in Borno State in an environmentally-conscious way
- Four interrelated and mutually reinforcing intermediate outcomes will contribute to achieving this objective
- First, MAIDA will restore and improve rural livelihoods in an ecologically sustainable manner by enabling households to take advantage of existing and new agricultural market opportunities
- In parallel, adolescents and youth will be empowered as economic actors in their communities through access to employment, diversified livelihood opportunities, vocational training and business development initiatives
- These outcomes will be reinforced by improved access to social protection and community-based services for women, youth, adolescent breadwinners and other at-risk groups.
- This position will offer the intern an opportunity to understand what Mercy Corps stands for as well as understand the Humanitarian program in Borno State.
- Working in the MAIDA department, the Intern will be able to learn how to plan and prioritize work schedule in a fast demanding work environment, in addition to working with participants of the different component of the program and the community in general.
- The Intern will work with other team members in MAIDA as well as other programs and should be able to develop good working relationship with the rest of the team.
- Major part of the job responsibility will be to support program staff in the general program implementation and support with the logistical arrangements of moving to the field and participating in community sensitization.
- With the support of program officers, contribute to all fieldwork, including monitoring and supporting beneficiaries during spot checks coordinating with community leaders
- Support in conducting monitoring and data collection as directed by the Program Coordinator assisting with specific surveys or assessments as needed
- Support the program assistants in tracking costs as well documentation and filing of all program-related files.
- Work together with the team to develop movement plans, raise PR’s for materials and hall hire.
- Bachelor's Degree in relevant field preferred or equivalent
- Good organization skills.
- Strong computer skills on MS office programs
- Fluency in English; fluency in Hausa and Kanuri is required.
- Ability to work under pressure
- Good oral and written skills and computer skills
- The program has lots of activities to be implemented that need to be completed within strict timelines
- The intern will be expected to work beyond the normal working hours some days and should be able to cope with the pressure of doing every task fast, effectively and efficiently.
- Office space, as well as working equipment, is limited and Intern will have to cope with sharing space as well as equipment with the other team members.
- Mercy Corps interns and volunteers represent the agency both during and outside of work hours and are expected to conduct themselves in a professional manner and respect local laws, customs and MC's policies, procedures, and values at all times and in all in-country venues.
How to Apply Interested and qualified candidates should submit no more than 4 page CV and Cover Letter in one document, addressing the position requirements to: firstname.lastname@example.org NoteApplication Deadline 11th July, 2020.
- All applications must include the position title and Reference Number in the subject line.
- CV and Cover Letter and should not be more than 4 pages.
- Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted for interview and we are an equal opportunity organization so women are strongly encouraged to apply for this position
Subscribe to Free Job Alerts!
Being aware and applying for jobs on time increases your chances of getting a job. Information is key. Subscribe to our free job alerts