Job descriptions Sample Templates How to do it yourself Words and Meanings Interview questions and answersJobs > NGO / Humanitarian > Monitoring & Evaluation Assistant at PYXERA Global
Monitoring & Evaluation Assistant at PYXERA Global
Jun 25, 2020, 1:47 PM
PYXERA Global, a not-for-profit organization based in Washington, D.C. and Nigeria has worked in over 90 countries since 1990, seeking to strengthen the local systems that drive prosperity and opportunity and forge community resilience.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Monitoring & Evaluation Assistant Location: Katsina / Kaduna, Nigeria Project: Rayuwa Nigeria Division: Enterprise and Community Development Reports to: Monitoring & Evaluation Officer- Rayuwa Nigeria Project
- We are seeking qualified candidate for the position of Monitoring & Evaluation Assistant to be based at the Rayuwa Project Office in Zaria, Nigeria.
- This position will support the Rayuwa Project Monitoring and Evaluation Officer and the entire team for the implementation of an integrated community development project with a focus on enhancing resilient agriculture and accountable education. As a new initiative, Rayuwa Nigeria is part of PYXERA Global broader JIVA programming, housed within the Enterprise and Community Development division.
- Rayuwa Nigeria project involve collaboration with diverse partners and a drive to be continuously adaptive to the local context. The project is funded by John Deere and implemented by PYXERA Global. The Monitoring & Evaluation Assistantwill supportthe Monitoring and Evaluation Officer and the project team to design, plan, manage, monitor, and evaluate the project’s resilient agriculture and accountable education activities.
- The ideal candidate will have moderate M&E work experience in multi-sector and integrated development programsin a rural setting. As part of the Rayuwa Nigeria team, the Monitoring & Evaluation Assistant will also exemplify PYXERA Global Values which encourages teamwork, equality, and a strong work ethic across all members of the Rayuwa Nigeria team.
- Ensure that the implementation of program activities is in line with the project’s implementation and M&E plan and meet stakeholders need.
- Provide continuous technical lead to project team on data management and regularly analyze data, highlight important programmatic gaps and coordinate with the M&E Officer and the team in addressing these gaps.
- Support monitoring activities to project sites, collation/analysis of monitoring reports for program feedback and decision making
- Conduct routine monitoring visits to project sites for data verification, validation, and data quality assessments (DQAs) using standard checklists
- Ensure regular maintenance and update of project database/information system.
- Support operational research activities and participate in project assessments, evaluation, and design teams as applicable.
- Facilitate the preparation/production of project reports.
- Provide technical support to program team in ensuring that data/indicators related to the project are accurately captured and reported according to set guidelines.
- Support the development and design of M&E framework, tools and project M&E plans, guidelines and ensure efficient data management processes.
- A Bachelor's degree in Agric. Economics, Agric. Extension, Agronomy, Statistics, Data Management, Sustainable Development or related fields.
- Experience using ICT4D for data collection preferred
- Familiarity with mobile data collection tools like, ODK and CommCare is desirable
- Significant experience in conducting quantitative and qualitative assessments and surveys
- Must be able to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing
- Ability to speak Hausa will be an added advantage
- Must be willing to travel and work regularly in rural communities.
- At least 2 years of direct involvement in providing monitoring and evaluation support for agricultural or education programs
- Experience with participatory and community-based M&E systems
- Previous experience with development of e-platforms for data capturing and reporting
- Proficiency in database development/management, and skills in analyzing, interpreting, and communicating data and information to various stakeholders
How to Apply Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV / Resume, Cover Letter, expected compensation package and list of 3 professional references to: Opportunities@PYXERAGlobal.org In the subject line of the email please write “PYXERA Global / Rayuwa Monitoring and Evaluation Assistant 2020". Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews on a rolling basisApplication Deadline 10th July, 2020.
Subscribe to Free Job Alerts!
Being aware and applying for jobs on time increases your chances of getting a job. Information is key. Subscribe to our free job alerts