Job descriptions Sample Templates How to do it yourself Words and Meanings Interview questions and answersJobs > Agricultural / Agro-Allied > Nationwide Recruitment at Farmcrowdy Limited, 17th June, 2019
Nationwide Recruitment at Farmcrowdy Limited, 17th June, 2019
Jun 17, 2019, 11:09 AM
Farmcrowdy Limited - Farmcrowdy is an agric-tech platform that gives Nigerians the opportunity to participate in Agriculture by connecting farm sponsors with real farmers for the purpose of producing high-quality farm produce. Our mandate is to empower rural farmers, contribute to food security in Nigeria and provide a healthy means of engaging people with Agriculture from a profit driven perspective. We are recruiting to fill the position below: Job Title: Senior Manager, Farm Operations Location: Nationwide The Role
- The Senior Manager Farm Operations is responsible for providing leadership and direction to their farm operation staff and driving implementation of operational decisions on the ground across the different Farmcrowdy Project Sites
- This role is challenging because it combines a strategic planning function across the whole farm system with the requirement to provide leadership and management to the farm operations staff.
- Contribute to monitoring overall farm performance, analyze performance data to develop insights, and implement decisions made
- To create a stable Project Farms workforce by providing leadership for effective management of the staff and operations of the region.
- To provide coaching and training on developing production management programmes which will enhance profitability
- Facilitate Training programs; Develop and Deliver appropriate training to both Farm Managers and Farm Extension Workers; Coordinate training needs assessment
- Financial Reports on all Farming activities
- Conflict Resolution
- Compile and Control Yearly Budgets for all Farm Projects
- Liaise and interact with Farmers’ co-operatives/ Farming communities located within the region
- Assist the Chief Operations Officer with long-term planning and play a contributory role in development of the Farm Projects across different locations
- To conduct feasibility & viability studies of all Farmcrowdy Projects
- Set-up agreed KPIs for each of the Farm Projects
- Perform long and short-term project management to optimize farm profit and minimize loss
- To co-ordinate management of all farm operations. This will include but not limited to Crop production and Livestock production
- Work in strong collaboration with the Technical Field Specialist(s), Farm Managers, Farm Supervisors, Extension Officers etc. to ensure the overall high performance and smooth running of the farm.
- Through direct reports, manage the day-to-day operation of the farm to ensure resources are deployed where there is greatest need on the day.
- Language proficiency
- Willingness to Travel
- Must demonstrate ownership of an Agric Support Network
- Must belong to a Professional Body (Group) that is related/affiliated to Agriculture
- Must have access to Federal (State) Ministries and or Parastatals which are responsible for Agriculture (Products, Equipment and otherwise).
- At least 5 years of hands-on experience in agricultural processes and farms operations with focus on grain production.
- Must be able to provide evidence on a previous farm project/research work in agriculture with reference from the farm management about a successful out-come on such farms
- A Bachelor's Degree in Agriculture is required; a Master's Degree is preferred.
- Must have knowledge of Irrigation Farming
- Must have expertise knowledge of all or some crops; /livestock peculiar common to the region.
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to make sound decisions and solve problems
- Effective leader and team-player receptive to feedback and willing to learn new things and share knowledge and skills; embracing continuous improvement
- Must have Project Management Experience
- Excellent organizational and negotiating skills
Subscribe to Free Job Alerts!
Being aware and applying for jobs on time increases your chances of getting a job. Information is key. Subscribe to our free job alerts
Enter your email below and click subscribe.
OND / HND / BSC Holders Ogun State Abia State Anambra State Edo State Kano State Oyo State Plateau State Borno State Experienced Personnel Bauchi State Kaduna State Katsina State Kebbi State Kwara State Niger State Sokoto State Zamfara State Benue State Yobe State Imo State Adamawa State Cross River State Gombe State Ebonyi State Ekiti State Nasarawa State Delta State Bayelsa State Enugu State Kogi State Ondo State Osun State Akwa Ibom State Jigawa State Taraba State Lagos State Farmcrowdy Rivers State Agriculture