Job descriptions Sample Templates How to do it yourself Words and Meanings Interview questions and answersJobs > Retail / Sales > New Job Openings at Jumia Nigeria
New Job Openings at Jumia Nigeria
Mar 6, 2018, 6:40 PM
Jumia is Africa's leading internet group, with already over 3,000 employees in more than 20 African countries and huge successes such as Jumia, Jumia Travel, Jumia Food, Jumia Deals, Jumia House, Jumia Jobs and Jumia Services. It is led by top talented leaders offering a great mix of local and international talents and is backed by MTN, Millicom, Rocket Internet, Axa, Orange, Goldman Sachs & CdC. We are currently looking for talented people with a passion for emerging markets and Africa to join our team and embark on our exciting journey in the position below: Job Title: SEO Specialist Location: Lagos Job Type: Full-time Job Description
- As an SEO Specialist, you will help manage search engine optimization of products and category pages to improve search results and visibility as well as conversion, while driving traffic to the website through search engines.
- Optimization and indexing of product pages
- Work with Central Team on optimization of category pages to ensure that ranks are high on the search engine result pages
- Work with the QC Team to approve product uploads
- SEO Specialist will also work with Content Team to approve product reviews
- Consistently review the website and look for enhancement opportunities to optimize website search results.
- Perform all on-site optimization, including optimizing title tags, meta information, URLs, content, headers, and more.
- Manage the website content (new product uploads, data scrubbing and migration where applicable, removing products, update pricing etc.)
- Write effective headlines, body, copy, and websites to optimize websites or web pages.
- Work collaboratively with Content Team to assure web advertising is presented most effectively and with key word optimization.
- Create program plans based on E-Commerce Marketing strategies to focus on customer retention, repeat purchases, and customer acquisition.
- Bachelor's Degree in any field from a recognized reputable University
- 5 years' experience in SEO, Web Development and Content Management Systems or similar role in a fast-paced corporate environment
- Practice of advanced SEO theory and applied techniques (web ranking, link analysis, data analytics, etc.)
- Proven track-record of increasing traffic, improving brand and site visibility within major search engines for important keywords, increasing site authority through trusted and natural link-building, and surpassing client conversion goals
- Experience with keyword research, ranking and analysis tools
- A unique experience in an entrepreneurial, yet structured environment
- The opportunity to become part of a highly professional and dynamic team working around the world
- An unparalleled personal and professional growth as our longer-term objective is to train the next generation of leaders for our future internet ventures.
- You will be responsible for business success/continuity by identifying needs based on market trends and vendors performance and focusing on innovative solutions to help the vendors to be successful.
- Focus on activities that ensure business continuity/sustainability and growth of vendors e.g. Ensuring performance communication, monitoring and improving vendor profitability, sales monitoring etc.
- Responsible and owner of ALL communications going out to vendors
- Engaging vendors via our SM channels ( must ensure effective and lively platform/channels)
- Facilitation of flow of internal communication and synergy between different teams.
- Follow up on vendors to increase business ( SKU, NMV, using innovative ways e.g organize various contests, e.tc)
- Ensure vendors are invited and attend all training sessions organized by the university team
- Monitor and improve vendor sales by providing feedback to vendors
- Create and execute Vendor handover to the HOC team
- Monitor vendor stores and provide expansion and diversification tips to vendors
- Responsible for getting any additional data needed on vendor and assigning vendors who register through the system to various teams
- Ensure compliance with internal systems ( SF)
- Reporting & vendor trend analysis
- Weekly report of teams performance
- Ranking vendors by SKU Sales, NMV, OOS, Returns Rate, Rejection Rate
- Minimum of 5 years experience in either or of the following - Vendor Hunting, Vendor management, Sales management
- Proven track record in sales, with a demonstrated ability to increase network expansion/volumes.
- Demonstrated experience in building and maintaining customer/client relationships and identifying opportunities to improve business success for both parties.
- Creative communicator with an ability to work across multiple communications channels, including written communications and visual content
- Strong oral and written communication skills with experience in influencing others to drive results.
Subscribe to Free Job Alerts!
Being aware and applying for jobs on time increases your chances of getting a job. Information is key. Subscribe to our free job alerts