Job descriptions Sample Templates How to do it yourself Words and Meanings Interview questions and answersJobs > Manufacturing / FMCG / Industrial > New Vacancies at Guinness Nigeria Plc, 6th February 2018
New Vacancies at Guinness Nigeria Plc, 6th February 2018
Feb 6, 2018, 5:54 PM
Guinness Nigeria Plc is a major market for Diageo: Guinness Nigeria operates in the unique and fast growing alcohol industry of over 15mhl beer potential. It is the only company that does Total Beverage Alcohol (TBA) in Nigeria. It’s an on trade dominated market but with a fast growing off trade channel. We are recruiting to fill the position below: Job Title: Maintenance Planner AutoReqId: 60563BR Location: Benin, Edo Level: 6A Reports To: Asset Care Manager Context of the Role
- Nigeria is currently the world's third largest market for the Guinness Brand. GNPLC has made large capital investments in recent years, resulting in the sites having both new and ageing assets and technology.
- The role involves providing high focus on maintenance activities, to assist with driving performance to World Class Standards.
- The role holder will be responsible for ensuring all assets are included and maintained within a formal, structured Planned Maintenance System.
- Plans, organizes, directs, controls, administers and supervises execution of the Planned Maintenance System, contributing to the enhancement in machine performance, reduction in unplanned machine stoppages and optimal utilization of available manpower for their area.
- Execute the company maintenance strategy and procedures in response to plant performance and failures, in accordance with industry best practice and WCM.
- The Nigerian beer market is very complex with many competitors and a strong quality, cost and delivery focus.
- There is a need to constantly reduce cost of maintenance, while improving plant availability & reliability
- Raising work orders
- Planning Resources
- Managing spares availability (reservations)
- Reporting against KPIs
- Running reports on specified modules
- Support management of shutdown Planned Maintenance activities for all equipment and labour in their area/line, including ordering spares, progress chasing spares, issuing work orders, assembling parts packages and closing all work orders on completion.
- Tracking, reviewing and reporting of all maintenance activities against agreed KPIs and compliance requirements and maintenance data analysis and reporting.
- Manage and Maintain CMMS maintenance data, including rotables, equipment details and work order feedback.
- Facilitate the development of reliability based maintenance system.
- 3-4 years’ experience in a Brewery or FMCG manufacturing environment
- Proficient in the use of CMMS and maintenance systems, preferably Maximo/SAP with some knowledge of engineering spares transactions and stores management.
- Good understanding of the fundamental principles of Reliability Centred Maintenance (RCM) and its application in a manufacturing industry, and knowledgeable in the theory and practice of BCM, Root Cause analysis and problem solving techniques.
- Effective project management, time management and prioritization skills, and able to interpret engineering information and issue effective reports.
- Conversant with GNPLC health, safety, environment & hygiene policies.
- Has good interpersonal and communication skills and able to influence maintenance culture positively towards the site vision.
- Bachelor’s degree or HND in Engineering, preferably NSE accredited. Master’s degree is an added advantage.
- The role of automation engineer (Packaging) is responsible for driving and embedding best in class asset care and maintenance systems for all electrical and automation/electronics machinery on the hi-tech packaging lines.
- Expertise in the electrical/electronics/automation engineering is a rare and scarce resource in Nigeria and there is high level of competition amongst oil, gas, telecom and manufacturing industries for the few engineers who specialised in this area.
- GN strive to recruit, retain the very best of specialist engineers in packaging to maintain and consistently deliver best in class electrical, electronics and automation systems to guarantee reliability and consistent performance of the lines.
- Lead and manage electrical, electronics and automation systems in the Brewery packaging lines to ensure maximum plant availability
- Complements the Mechanical Engineering team on the packaging lines to ensure optimum output.
- Plant maintenance of all PLCs and SCADA Systems on Planned Maintenance basis.
- Plant maintenance High & Low Voltage electrical Systems in the Brewery Packaging lines.
- Maintain all Electrical Drives and controls on the packaging.
- Resolve all electrical/electronics/automation breakdowns and issues on the packaging lines.
- Drives the planned maintenance programme for all electrical, electronics and automation systems on the packaging lines – Benin has 4 packaging lines and Ogba 3 packaging lines.
- Influence the choice of new technology adopted in all future packaging machines and plants.
- Accountable for the routine maintenance of various hi-tech packaging equipment including Programmable Logic Computers (PLC) and SCADA systems on the Brewery packaging lines.
- Identify and delivers all training needs for the electrical and electronics technicians on the job and coaching for identified instrumentation skill gaps.
- Resolves all Automation and Electrical related tasks and breakdowns on the packaging lines to guarantee plant availability to deliver target volumes on an ongoing basis.
- Maintain and execute audit plans for all statutory regulations and engineering standards for all Electrical and Automation Systems in packaging.
- HND/University Degree in Electrical/Electronics Engineering. Master’s degree and/or professional membership with Nigerian Society of Engineers (COREN) may be an added advantage.
- 3-5 years’ experience in a brewing or FMCG manufacturing environment directly supporting Electrics, automation and PLC (Siemens Experience Preferred), SCADA and DCS.
- Deep knowledge of new and evolving technology and wide range SCADA system versions and their applications with detailed knowledge of PLC Steps 5 and 7 and Programming.
- Enhanced skills on Brewery HV/LV distribution systems and electrical drives control automation systems.
- Working knowledge of Permit to Work (PTW) systems, with good asset care management skills
Subscribe to Free Job Alerts!
Being aware and applying for jobs on time increases your chances of getting a job. Information is key. Subscribe to our free job alerts