Job descriptions Sample Templates How to do it yourself Words and Meanings Interview questions and answersJobs > Business and Finance > Nigerian Breweries Plc recruitment for a Tax Manager
Nigerian Breweries Plc recruitment for a Tax Manager
Jan 7, 2019, 1:03 AM
Nigerian Breweries Plc - We are the foremost brewing company in Nigeria, passionate about winning with Nigeria and marketing high quality brands. We are currently inviting applications from suitably qualified and experienced candidates to fill the position below: Job Title: Tax Manager Reference Code: TX/JAN/2019 Location: Nigeria Level: Management Role Summary
- The Tax manager is responsible for ensuring compliance with tax legislation as well as accounting and certain administrative functions.
- The tax manager has primary responsibility for ensuring compliance with tax legislation and review of companies operation to ensure optimization of tax position and minimize tax risks.
- The tax manager will also work with the accounting team to ensure that taxes are appropriately captured in the financial statements.
- Manage compliance with tax legislation/regulations and guidelines including, Companies Income Tax, Excise Duty, Value Added tax, Withholding Tax, Personal Income Tax etc.
- Assist with obtaining and managing tax rulings (where required).
- Managing audits and requests for information from the Revenue authorities.
- Manage the transfer pricing documentation process.
- Prepare and submit tax returns as due.
- Prepare and submit objections and manage the dispute resolution process (where required).
- Maintain and monitor systems and procedures to ensure effective computation and reporting of taxes.
- Ensure that tax risks are managed whilst meeting the business requirements.
- Provide proposals that reduce/manage tax risks proactively.
- Building relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- Assist with tax opinions, business support and ad hoc tax advice to the business as may be required.
- Apply a holistic approach to determine impact to various taxes and ensure that tax position is optimized.
- Manage tax audits planning resources required; detailing description of tasks; allocation of a timeline and advising on expected outcome
- Assist with or project manage ad hoc projects and value-add initiatives identified.
- Build skill and capability of supervised personnel.
- Support TTM to control departmental budget.
- Other tasks as may be assigned by the TTM from time to time.
- Minimum of Five (5) credit grades in WASC/GCE/SSCE including Mathematics, English and three (3) other relevant subjects obtained in one sitting.
- Minimum of 2nd class upper Bachelor's Degree qualification, in Economics, Accounting, Finance, Taxation, Business Administration or Law. A Master's degree will be an added advantage.
- Membership of ACCA/ICAN/CITN would be an added advantage.
- NYSC Discharge or Exemption Certificate.
- Minimum of 5 years experience in a tax role.
- Good knowledge of Tax Auditing and Management.
- Tax Audits based on risks and controls.
- Good understanding of Nigerian Tax Regime.
- Proficient knowledge in Tax Management.
- Leadership capabilities and ability to communicate effectively, including excellent report writing skills.
- Exceptional client service along with the ability to develop excellent client relationships
- Good handling of Microsoft Office tools.
- Languages: Fluent English, needed for interaction (reading, written and spoken)
Subscribe to Free Job Alerts!
Being aware and applying for jobs on time increases your chances of getting a job. Information is key. Subscribe to our free job alerts