Job descriptions Sample Templates How to do it yourself Words and Meanings Interview questions and answersJobs > Power / Steel / Energy > On Site Services Specialist at GE Nigeria
On Site Services Specialist at GE Nigeria
Mar 5, 2020, 9:07 AM
GE Power is a world leader in power generation with deep domain expertise that helps customers deliver electricity from a wide spectrum of fuel sources. We are transforming the electricity industry with the digital power plant, the world’s largest & most efficient gas turbine, full balance of plant solutions and our data-leveraging software. Our innovative technologies and digital offerings help make power and water more affordable, reliable, accessible and sustainable.
We are recruiting to fill the position below: Job Title: On Site Services Specialist Ref Id: 3439956 Location: Port Harcourt, Rivers Relocation Available: No
- He will provide technical assistance and training to customer representatives regarding installation, operation, calibration, repair and maintenance at customer's sites
- The Field Engineer will be responsible for commissioning of variable speed drives, Static Frequency controllers and Excitation systems and ongoing preventive maintenance, repairing activities.
- Perform administrative functions; such as writing technical reports, ordering materials, securing quotations, preparing job status reports, reports to customers, time sheet and expense sheets on a complete timely, and thorough basis
- Provide leadership and technical direction to skilled labor performing work on customer sites
- Maintain strong safety mindset to assure the executed work reflects the technical requirements within GE safety standards
- Have the knowledge to troubleshoot and provide routine maintenance checkout for wide range of equipment vintage.
- Respond to requests for emergency repairs and services to troublesome equipment
- Develop and further expand technical knowledge and expertise, currently recognized industry standards for engineering ability
- Maintain knowledge of applicable product line warranties, and accomplish effective warranty administration
- Plan, prepare and/or instruct both internal and external training programs as required, to impart and perpetuate field engineering and/or product knowledge in area of specialization
- Maintain knowledge of the report system to the extent required for timely and accurate input of field information necessary
- Bachelor's Degree in Electrical Engineering with a minimum of 4 years of experience in a Field Services role or equivalent knowledge or experience
- A valid NYSC discharge or exemption certificate will be required (please indicate clearly on your resume)
- Must have valid authorization to work full-time without any restriction in the role's location.
- Willingness and ability to travel 70% of the time
- Willingness and ability to possess and maintain a valid driving license
- Bachelor Degree in Electrical Engineering from an accredited university or college or equivalent knowledge or experience
- Ability to work effectively with minimum supervision
- Strong customer service mindset
- Prior field engineering experience
- Strong organizational skills
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills.
How to Apply Interested and qualified candidates should: Click here to apply
Subscribe to Free Job Alerts!
Being aware and applying for jobs on time increases your chances of getting a job. Information is key. Subscribe to our free job alerts