Operations Assistant at Management Sciences for Health
The Management Sciences for Health (MSH), a global health nonprofit organization, uses proven approaches developed over 40 years to help leaders, health managers, and communities in developing nations build stronger health systems for greater health impact. We work to save lives by closing the gap between knowledge and action in public health.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Operations Assistant
Requisition ID: R2237
Employment Type: Full Time
- The Administrative Assistant supports the Senior Technical Advisor (STA) and Technical Advisor in the financial and administrative management of the MTaPS Nigeria program.
- H/she assists in supporting the implementation of program activities and office management by providing secretarial tasks, scheduling of meetings, transport and logistical assistance, paperwork preparation, procurement of goods and services support, financial duties support, copying, filing and scanning of documentation, follow up with MSH Nigeria support team members, and assists with maintaining efficient office operations.
- This position must be aware of and adhere to the MSH Procurement Integrity policy and will assist in safeguarding the assets (financial and physical) of MSH and ultimately donor against fraud, loss, or misuse. In this case s/he will be assisting the STA in discharging some duties as per instructions.
Key Results Areas
Workshops & Trainings:
- Support the STA and team with booking travel and accommodations and support processing authorizations.
- Support the team by reserving venues, catering needs
- Support the team with preparing conference/workshop materials or with collecting paperwork from participants or filling out forms, training reports and attendance lists.
Travel, Transport and Logistics:
- Support with booking tickets per the provided itinerary and arrange airport transfers.
- Help prepare and disseminate travel information for visitor briefings.
- Support arrangement of ground transport (taxis or car/driver) Work with team to draft an itinerary to share as requested.
Front Office & Facilities:
- Responsible for front desk coverage such as receiving and making calls, visitors, deliveries and dispatches.
- Coordinate and schedule boardroom bookings and any support need during the use such as set up of the relevant equipment.
- Send, deliver, collect correspondence and documents including Delivery Notes/Delivery Protocol, Airtime justifications
- Coordinate and prepare mailings, post or courier/shipping of documents to/from project sites
- Support in the delivery of materials purchased
- Assist with voucher preparation ensuring all the necessary paperwork is attached
- Provide support of procurement in the execution and proper recording in QuickBooks of all approved payments for local vendors, contractors and consultants for goods and services received, in accordance with the laws and regulations of the country, MSH standard operating procedures and USAID regulations.
- Coordinate with suppliers to ensure on-time delivery.
- Manage the delivery of all procured goods and Document the same.
- Maintain updated purchasing data and records and pricing in the system
- Assist with procurement research, prequalification of suppliers and paperwork preparation
- Develop and maintain effective filing systems for procurement documentation
- Assist the team with any scheduling of external meetings.
- Pre fill documentation under the supervision and guidance of the team such as Purchase Requisitions; Travel Advances, plans, activity profiles.
- Support the team with copying, printing, routine scanning and filing of program, financial and training materials.
- Support the STA and team with routinely updating the asset tracker with all required information as requested.
Required Minimum Education
- Bachelor's Degree in Administration, Procurement and/or equivalent
- At least 3 years experiences in previous procurement, logistics and front office Management
Required Minimum Experience:
- Experience in working with USAID funded projects required and knowledge of applicable regulations and requirements.
- Ability to use basic accounting software i.e. Quickbooks Online Procurement module will be an added advantage
- Verbal and written language skills in English required
- Ability to work independently and take initiative
- Ability to learn complex program procedures
- Advanced spreadsheet skills required. Familiarity with accounting or business information systems software strongly preferred. Database skills desired. (Microsoft Office applications preferred).
- Experience in office management
- Understanding of key aspects of procurement, accounting, creating and analyzing journal entries.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Good communication and inter-personal skills.
- Experience in Microsoft Word and Excel
- English fluency preferred
- Good typing skills. Good memo composition and editing skills. Good computer skills with sound knowledge of commonly used application software
- Excellent Computer knowledge. Proficient in Word, Excel, Outlook and Power Point 2007 and knowledge of Photoshop. Learn and become proficient in the firm’s management system (Applied) and other carrier software or websites, as needed
- Ability to Multi task and organize ongoing projects, looking for ways to become more efficient in completing tasks
- Consistently looks for ways to help support
- Familiar with internet search engines and able to undertake background search on well-defined tasks
- Able to work independently by managing priorities and workload within general schedule of work, instructions and standardized practices
- Excellent command of written and verbal English
- Takes initiative and can start/complete tasks with basic direction
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
- MSH is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender or gender identity, religion, creed, citizenship, national origin, age, veteran status, or disability unrelated to job requirements.
- MSH will take affirmative action to ensure that qualified applicants are employed and that employees are treated without regard to their race, age, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran and disability status