Operations Specialist at the International Support Network for African Development
The International Support Network for African Development (ISNAD-Africa) in Ibadan, Nigeria is a UNEP-accredited non-government organization that is committed to raising global and multi-stakeholder support for green growth in Africa through various programs and initiatives.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Operations Specialist
Reporting line: Successful applicant will work with team members and report to the Executive Director
- Operation and coordination of ISNAD-Africa's programmes, initiatives, volunteers, and their activities including the beneficiaries.
- Day-to-day operation of a web application and mobile application (this does not entail web development or coding but requires tech savvy and experience in working with Content Management Systems).
- Correspondence with partners and other stakeholders including evaluation and report writing
- Preparation of organisational quarterly and annual reports
- Representation and presentation at local and international meetings (online and offline), where necessary
- Proposal writing and report writing supported by communications and programme team.
- Overall management of the organisation.
- A minimum of a Bachelor's Degree is required while a postgraduate degree, fellowships, among other graduate trainings will be an added advantage
- A minimum of a Second Class (Upper Division) is required. A Second Class (Lower Division) may be considered should other requirements for the role be rated as “Exceptional”.
- Given the global dynamics of workplace, excellent performance on the role might not be based on a discipline, therefore, applicant from various disciplines with relevant expertise and experience may apply. However, Business Administration, Operational Management, among other disciplines might be well suited.
- A minimum of 2 - 3 years of relevant experience.
Skill Set Required:
- Work or Volunteering experience in programme coordination, administrative or communication roles
- Tech-savvy with expertise and experience with Content Management Systems (e.g. WordPress, etc)
- Ability and commitment to work with a young but fast-growing NGO Added Advantage (but not required)
- Experience in working with NGOs, policy-related work, media, communications, or administration are added advantage for the role
- Ability to seek partnerships and funding opportunities, as well as, working with the Executive Director to prepare proposals for funding applications is not required but an added advantage
- A background and/or experience in working on green growth, environment, climate change, or relevant sustainable development goals (SDGs) themes is an asset
- Working knowledge of French is not required but an added advantage
- Being versed in other ICT skills such as Content SEO, Html or graphic design are not required but can be added advantage.
- Excellent administrative, coordination, analytical, interpersonal, organisational, management and communication (speaking and writing including emails) skills
- A primary requirement for the role is being pragmatic, dynamic, forward-thinking, creative, visionary, highly dynamic, versatile, organised, a team builder, at home with computing and remote activities, and interested in working on new challenges.
- Ability to work excellently with little or no supervision. A good candidate for the role will be both pragmatic and forward thinking
- Adeptness with the use of computers, general computer applications (such as Microsoft Office package) and internet including social media platforms
- Professional knowledge of English language
- ISNAD-Africa places high value on volunteer experience, hence, volunteering experience would be evaluated at the same way work experience would be evaluated or more.
- Therefore, in addition to work experience (paid), please include volunteer experience that are relevant to the role.
- The position is based in Ibadan, Nigeria. Please note that successful applicants may be required to work remotely for a few months after recruitment and when the need arises.
- The work duties are from Monday to Friday but would require meetings during weekends. However, the meetings are conducted remotely.
- Successful candidates will be creative, forward-thinking, problem-solving, visionary, highly dynamic, versatile, pragmatic, organised, a team builder, at home with computing and remote activities, and interested in working on new challenges.
- While candidates with mono-disciplinary interests and one-way thinkers are crucial within development sector, this role is not best for such, it is best for candidates with dynamic and diversified perspectives and background. (Your resume and motivation letter should demonstrate these)
- Successful applicant would not be older than 35 years (however, the younger, the better).
- Please include your date of birth and sex in your resume.
- Opportunity to engage in sustainable development projects that is focused on green growth (generally environmental projects) that contributes to various sustainable development goals
- Opportunity to work in an international team on high-impact initiatives for green growth in Africa including partners from international and multilateral organisations across the globe
- Opportunity to participate in international and local conferences among other meetings, where necessary
- In addition to monthly remuneration, exceptional performance will attract additional monthly bonus.
- The role is suited for those who are interested in the Operations as a career path, those who are interested in development field, passionate about green growth or sustainability or interested in working in non-profits.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Resume (include sex and date of birth), Cover Letter and Writing Sample (e.g. concept note, report, proposal, articles, etc) as a single file to: firstname.lastname@example.org using "Application as an Operations Specialist" as the subject of the mail.
Application Deadline 9th December, 2021.
- Please include, if available, weblinks to your audio-visual presentation in your resume and/or Cover Letter. This could be weblinks to previous presentation or speech
- Please couch your applications to speak to the roles and required skills. It is advisable that your resume and cover letter speak to your abilities, competences and the results, impact, and/or achievements you achieved in previous roles.
- Particularly, Cover Letter should be a pitch (competencies, your roles, what you did, what you achieved, etc).
- You may also include in your application skills and experience in your resume and Cover Letter that you have but not highlighted above which may be relevant to the role or the organisation.
- Selection will be made on a rolling basis; however, successful applicant will be selected within two (2) weeks from the date of this publication
- Qualified and Interested candidates are advised to apply as soon as possible.