Payroll Analyst at the OPEC Fund for International Development
The OPEC Fund for International Development is a multilateral development finance institution established in 1976. Our 12 Member Countries are: Algeria, Ecuador, Gabon, Indonesia, the Islamic Republic of Iran, Iraq, Kuwait, Libya, Nigeria, Saudi Arabia, the United Arab Emirates, and the Bolivarian Republic of Venezuela.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Payroll Analyst
Job Type: Temporary Contract - one year
The incumbent processes and administers the OPEC Fund’s monthly payroll and subsequent activities as well as maintains the employee database regarding salary and pay by following established procedures, in line with the institution’s Rewards strategy, in order to realize a correct and efficient payroll administration.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Administers the monthly employee salaries and calculations of benefits for staff (Non-locals, Locals and Pensioners payroll) proceeding on hiring, transfer, retirement or disengaging from the organization.
- Administers the associated time management system interface for SAP HCM
- Processes all monthly subsequent activities for Austrian Social Insurance (Creation and administration of contribution notification and SI contribution posting after creation)
- Addresses issues and questions regarding payroll from employees and supervisors.
- Administers the organizational structure and integration in SAP HCM modules (SAP OM, SAP PA, SAP-FI)
- Calculates the correct amount incorporating overtime, deductions using the SAP HCM.
- Processes and check education grant claims submitted by staff members.
- Provide support for SAP HR business process related issues
- Participate in improvement initiatives of the organization’s SAP-HR-system related processes with Business Process Owners and Power Users
- Recognize and improve the organization’s use of the SAP-HR-System, using best practice and standard delivered solutions
- Establish and manage Business Process Improvement (BPI) projects pipeline in driving continuous improvement solutions for HR in coordination with HR Director and HR Heads
- Advice business partners on decisions, leading to common/compatible solutions for SAP-HR
- Develops and implements processes and SAP-HR-tools that encourage continuous performance improvements.
- Design and agree functional specifications to meet new business requirements, including defining technical specifications for developers
- Prepares reports for HR Director and Head, Payroll, Compensation & Benefits, budget and expenses when needed.
- Conducts configuration and testing of various modules and processes in HR modules.
- Carries out other duties as assigned by the HR Director and Head, Payroll, Compensation & Benefits.
- Maintains full confidentiality with all stakeholders.
- Identifies opportunity for improvement and recommend solutions.
- Liaises with the Information Technology Unit.
Documentation and back up:
- Maintains personnel database regarding salaries, allowances and entitlements.
- Assists in the administration of the attendance and leave records system.
Qualifications and Experience
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration/ Human Resource Management or respective studies.
- A minimum of 5 years of professional experience in a relevant field.
- Preferably 2-3 years at a responsible level in a large organization, preferably international in nature.
- Fluent in English. A good working knowledge of German, French, Arabic, or Spanish is an added advantage.
- Proven ability to follow existing process with high attention to detail
- Proven ability to work well under pressure and meet deadlines
- Good interpersonal and time management skills.
- Ability to create, develop and analyze policies in an efficient and timely manner. Must be able to demonstrate a strong ability to effectively manage multiple priorities and tasks simultaneously
- Demonstrable ability to work in an international multi-cultural environment, with sensitivity and respect for diversity.
- Extensive knowledge in the usage of office technologies, such as Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.), SAP, intra/internet as well as on-line database management.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work independently with minimum supervision and guidance.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply