Personal Assistant / Research Assistant at Mangrove and Partners Limited
Mangrove & Partners is focused on supporting state and development agencies to strengthen institutions and build the capacities, systems and partnerships for improved services.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Personal Assistant / Research Assistant
Location: Wuye, Abuja (FCT)
Employment Type: Full-time
- Have you seen anyone defecating in the open before? Do you depend on ‘Mai Ruwa’ for your water supply? Do you know over 48 million Nigerians have no decent toilet? And only two of three Nigerians have access to a protected drinking water point? In fact, less than 10% of Nigerians have access to a piped water service and less than 5% have their fecal waste safely managed.
- Does this bother you? Would you like to do something about this?
- If you’re motivated by the desire to make a contribution to Nigeria’s effort to eliminate open defecation by 2025, provide sanitation facilities, improve access to drinking water for every Nigerian, everywhere by 2030, and you’re young and vibrant, and crazy about social media, communications and campaigns, then this is your chance to join a new firm set up to support donors and strengthen public WASH institutions to provide the transformational environment and operations able to birth and sustain viable utility operations and services.
- Support the day-to-day activities of the Executive;
- Organize/attend meetings, workshops, conferences and write reports;
- Participate in proposal writing, literature reviews and field research; and
- Develop learning materials, policy briefs and advocacy messages.
- An Undergraduate Degree with a Second Class Upper grade or a post-graduate qualification would be an advantage.
- 2 - 3 years of work experience.
- Very organized and detail oriented
- Discreet and with a high sense of value
- Young and vibrant personality
- Self-starter and takes initiative
- Enjoys being on the road.
Must Have Skills:
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint;
- Graphics design and ArcGIS knowledge is an advantage;
- Experience of desk / literature research, and field surveys;
- Excellent organizational and time management skills; and
- A flexible, adaptable and professional approach to work.
- Highly skilled with numbers and can crunch data;
- Very strong oral and written communication skills including writing proposals and reports;
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should write a 2 pager on the topic: "The challenges and opportunities for water and sanitation in Nigerian rural communities" and send along with their CV to: [email protected] using the job title as the subject of the mail
Application Deadline 19th August, 2022.