Planning Engineer at SPIE Oil and Gas Services
SPIE Oil & Gas Services (part of the SPIE Group) provides a complete range of services to some of the world’s largest oil and gas companies through its network of offices in 25 countries across Africa, the Middle East and Asia-Pacific. Our turnover has more than doubled in the last few years thanks to the dedication of our 4,000 employees to whom we give training, recognition, and genuine opportunities for career development. In order to support this growth, SPIE Oil & Gas Services is always seeking talented individuals to join its teams.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Planning Engineer - M/F
Contract Type: 6 months
Standard Contract: Fixed-term-contract
- SPIE Nigeria Limited is currently looking for a Planning Engineer to join its workforce in Nigeria.
- Responsible for defining and implementing the strategy for the Documentation Management System.
- Monitor the function of EDMS for the ECP Packages for the 2023 AKPO FPSO FFSD.
- To act as the EDMS/related tools focal person for the ECP package for the 2023 AKPO FPSO FFSD.
- Development and maintenance of structured documentation, Analyse technical documents, and other documentation to develop a project schedule including reports.
- Confer with engineers, contractors and subcontractors on changes and adjustments to schedules and progress report
- Prepare weekly/monthly reports.
- To supervise project schedule development, maintenance, monitoring and progress status and reporting related to all ECP packages for the 2023 AKPO FPSO FFSD.
- Carries out the EDMS (Electronic Document Management System) evolution needs.
- Continuous vigilance to ensure all charges to Project Time (Schedule) Objectives is met.
- Early advise to the Project leadership team in respect of schedule slippage (gap analysis).
- To interface with project site management and site counterparts for specific planning and scheduling tasks.
- Assist in providing full range of schedule development for all Project activities and progress reporting expertise.
- Manages the use and delivery of EDMS related/typical tools within the entity.
- Liaises with technical support in Headquarter for dedicated Entity requests.
- Carries out all Local EDMS Administrative requirements such as creation of accounts, codes etc
- Liaises with IT on all issues relating to EDMS Server problems.
- Advises and follows up on any deficiencies of EDMS and be the Entity focal point for all these issues
- Assist in the development and issue all necessary planning, scheduling and progress measurement and control procedures.
- To work with all project disciplines to supervise and ensure an understanding of total project schedule needs and integration of scheduled activities.
- Ensure and manage good Document Management system with the use of TUCN program (EDMS) which allows centralized information access and a centralized archiving system.
- Regular contact with EDMS users for training and technical supports is also very important.
- Job requires Technical competence in the use of EDMS and proficiency in PRIMAVERA and MS ProjectsEnsures proper management of TUPNI Documentation.
- Manages the use of EDMS within the locations to ensure efficiency.
- Writes and reviews entity Document Management procedures
- Ensure Effective and timely response to schedule control for the ECP 2023 AKPO FPSO FFSD team.
Qualifications and Experience Required
- BSc in Management or Engineering or its equivalent.
- 5 years Experience in Document Control or related field with at least 3 years Experience in a Project environment and a recognized electronic document Management System.
- 3 years Experience in Project Planning
- Experience with Planning and project management software such as Ms Project, Microsoft Office, and Primavera version 6 or higher.
- Previous work experience in FSO/FPSO within a FFSD context is a plus.
- English (C-Professional working proficiency)
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply