Policy and Advocacy Advisor at the Nigeria Agribusiness Group (NABG) Associates
The Nigeria Agribusiness Group (NABG) is an umbrella association for all corporations in the Agribusiness sector in Nigeria, it administers private sector participation through advocacy and advise the Governments on policy direction. The NABG council comprises leaders of these associations and corporates who are major players in the agribusiness value chains.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Policy and Advocacy Advisor
Location: Abuja with occasional travels across Nigeria.
Employment Type: Full-time
Duties and Responsibilities
- Engage and work with NABG staff and partners to develop proactive strategies that deliver project objectives and goals.
- Work with key stakeholders to plan and advocate for national and state-level agribusiness policies focused on the productivity of small-scale produces (SSP).
- Participate actively in the development of a 5- year strategy for NABG. Draft and communicate analysis and insight of key outcomes from the strategy sessions.
- Track, monitor and evaluate NABGs influencing strategies and contribute to team planning, budgeting and annual reporting
- Provide regular updates on project activities and progress to NABG members and partners.
- Deliver a range of influencing activities including events, workshops, roundtable discussions, drafting position papers and briefings, convening policy dialogue with policymakers, etc.
- Map out key stakeholders and influencers that NABG should engage with on the development and promotion of a National Integrated Agribusiness Agenda
- Organise and represent NABG when engaging with a range of key external stakeholders, including government officials, private sector, other implementing partners, relevant associations, and other key advocacy audiences.
Minimum Required Skills & Experience
- Master's Degree in Mass Communications, ICT, Public Relations or related field of study
- Minimum of five years of work experience in such position with demonstrated results focus, skills and a track record of delivering beyond expectations.
- Strong communication abilities including planning and organizing events, project visibility and capturing of impacts.
- Ability to shape a vision and strategy.
- Demonstrable experience of successfully achieving advocacy objectives and achieving policy change, in the context of a donor-funded program.
- Experience in engaging with political stakeholders and managing research projects.
- Able to create positive narration of program achievements.
- Superior interpersonal and cross-cultural communication skills
- Ability to inspire confidence and create trust.
- Excellent judgement.
- Ability to understand new issues quickly and make wise decisions.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
- Demonstrable experience in designing and delivering successful advocacy strategies
- Strong relationship-building skills including experience of high-level outreach, engagement, and influencing public sector decision-makers
- Strong facilitation and negotiation skills in the context of public affairs/advocacy work, with proven ability to build trust with and broker agreements between diverse players.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills (in English) including writing, editing, and presentation skills, including the ability to communicate complex policy propositions to a range of audiences.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their CV to: [email protected] using "Policy & Advocacy Advisor" as the subject of the mail.
Note: Due to a high volume of applicants, please understand that we are able to contact only those who meet the minimum qualifications
Application Deadline 28th February, 2022.