Job descriptions Sample Templates How to do it yourself Words and Meanings Interview questions and answersJobs > Agricultural / Agro-Allied > Poultry Hatchery Manager Job at Agric International Technology & Trade Limited (AGRITED)
Poultry Hatchery Manager Job at Agric International Technology & Trade Limited (AGRITED)
Oct 28, 2019, 10:02 PM
Agric International Technology & Trade Limited (AGRITED) was founded in 1991. We supply poultry and aquaculture products to thousands of customers across Nigeria comprising of large, medium & and small farms, feed mills, nutrition & veterinary outlets and nation-wide distributors. Our core farming operation is poultry breeding, producing and distributing broilers and layer day old chicks to commercial farms nation-wide, which help those farms to meet the demands of the ever-increasing pace of local and global food consumption. We are recruiting to fill the position below: Job Title: Poultry Hatchery Manager Location: Ibadan, Oyo Qualifications and Previous Experience
- English speaker
- Degree in Animal Sciences recommended
- Previous management experience with the capacity to handle the responsibility of managing an entire hatchery operation.
- Previous experience in managing poultry hatchery oversee - advantage
- Candidates who have worked in a hatchery environment previously, with technical knowledge of the equipment (PASREFORM) will have an advantage.
- Leadership skills
- Hands-on approach
- Strong analytical skills
- Well experienced knowledge regarding the job
- Excellent multitasker
- Good communication skills
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment
- Strong relationship-building skills.
- Direct supervision of employees (40 people)
- Manage and coordinate hatchery activities (up to 50,000,000 DOC per year)
- Vaccination programs
- Oversee quality assurance program
- Monitor facility equipment and repairs
- Oversee hatchery sanitation
- Keep a current knowledge of industry trends
- Plan and oversee hatchery budget
- Comply with all company policies and animal welfare guidelines
- Manage chick care, maintenance, packing and transfer activities
- Manage and maintain weekly/yearly hatch schedules
- Work in tandem with marketing schedules where required.
- Supplies by the company in a compound or in the Farm it self.
Subscribe to Free Job Alerts!
Being aware and applying for jobs on time increases your chances of getting a job. Information is key. Subscribe to our free job alerts