Job descriptions Sample Templates How to do it yourself Words and Meanings Interview questions and answersJobs > IT and Telecoms > Pre-Sales Engineer Vacancy at Netcom, 20th September 2019
Pre-Sales Engineer Vacancy at Netcom, 20th September 2019
Sep 20, 2019, 3:08 PM
Netcom has been Nigeria’s leading Internet Service Provider since 2004, staying ahead of the competition with cutting edge platforms in VSAT, WIMAX, Radio, and Fiber technology. Now, a pioneer in Business Transformation Solutions, we empower organizations to lead their market space by keeping pace with the rapid changes in IT innovations, ensuring relevance to specific business initiatives required to maximize revenue generation. We are recruiting to fill the position below: Job Title: Pre-Sales Engineer Location: Victoria Island, Lagos Short Summary of the Job
- The Pre-Sales Engineer will be responsible for designing solutions based on client’s requests and develop BOM in various options to satisfy both the client and our internal billing unit.
- He or She will also have the responsibility to develop and manage future products for Netcom
- Deliver all standard and non-standard bill of materials (BOM’s), proposals, project network architecture (PNA’s)
- Ensure that all BOM’s and proposals are technically and financially sound to meet both client’s and Netcom’s objectives and are within the timelines set by all stakeholders
- Attend client product presentation, requirements gathering and other matters as requested by both internal and external stakeholders
- Ensure that the PLC documentation of all current products are updated
- Serve as level 3 support for any technical issue on delivered products
- Participate in the product steering committee in identifying products that Netcom will pursue on an agreed timeframe
- Execute PLC phases for selected products up to launching (business investigation, design and planning, testing and roll-out).
- BSc degree required in Computer Science or Engineering
- CCNP, CCIE or related Network engineering certifications
- ISO 9001:2000 and TL 9000 training and/or experience
- 5 to 8 years working experience is required for this role.
- Proven senior IT and telecommunications hands-on experience.
- Proven track record of driving and defining complex projects
- Ability to manage all stakeholders on all running and planned projects
- Exceptional written and communication skills are essential
- Experience of managing multiple IT and telecommunications disciplines i.e. software development, technical support, systems and Network architecture, etc.
- Advanced level understanding in network, transmission and server systems fields
- In-depth experience of negotiating with and managing third parties
- Working knowledge of Project Management methodologies
- Ability to use MS Word, Excel, Office and non-windows operating system
- Ability to manage competing demands in an environment with frequent changes, delays, or unexpected events.
- Ability to lead and guide others in a collaborative work environment.
- Skill in analysis, developing alternative courses of action, and decision making.
- Ability to establish and document procedures.
- Ability to manage individual and group projects.
- Ability to originate change and influence others at all levels of the organization.
- Must be able to travel, and work off-hours to accommodate project deliverables and deadlines.
- Effective presentation and communications skills
- Pathloss transmission planning tool.
Subscribe to Free Job Alerts!
Being aware and applying for jobs on time increases your chances of getting a job. Information is key. Subscribe to our free job alerts