Principal Recruitment Officer at African Union (AU)
The African Union (AU) is a continental body consisting of the 55 member states that make up the countries of the African Continent. It was officially launched in 2002 as a successor to the Organization of African Unity (OAU, 1963-1999). We are an Integrated, Prosperous and Peaceful Africa, driven by its own citizens and representing a dynamic force in the global arena.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Principal Recruitment Officer
Requisition ID: 1575
Location: Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
Reports to: Head of Shared Services
Directorate/Department: Human Resources Management
Division: Shared Services
Number of Direct Reports: 3
Number of Indirect Reports: 5
Contract Type: Regular
Job Grade: P4
Purpose of Job
- To provide technical leadership to enable the AU to find, recruit and retain African talented candidates.
- To be in charge of planning, developing and implementing a new and productive Talent Acquisition strategy for our continental organization.
- Supervises the execution of the end-to-end recruitment and the on-boarding processes as per the AU policies and manuals in a timely manner to secure effective staffing to the organization
- Provides technical and intellectual support in the management of various partnerships relevant for the Division and Directorate.
- Fosters and ensures implementation of large-scale and long-term initiatives related to strategic partnerships;
- Supports the organization of thematic networks, consultations and meetings on development cooperation and international relations.
- Develops training materials and provides on-the-job training required on regular basis and in a systematic manner to maintain the optimum level of performance of the unit.
- Provides technical resource allocation and policy guidance on matters relating to system -Implementation projects and maintenance.
- Identifies best practices and monitor effectiveness of the Division/Directorate’s support to AU
- Contributes to the development of the departmental strategies and business continuity plan and participate in/ensure their implementation
- Provides professional expertise and design, develop and implement the talent acquisition strategy inclusive of employer branding that is aligned to the Directorate’s strategy and is required to achieve organization goals and results.
- Leads the implementation of the HR Recruitment Planning delivered by the HR Planning and Organizational Development Division.
- Monitors the process and pace of recruitment in order to ensure transparent and timely fulfillment of targets.
- Plans ahead of time, oversees short-listing and interview processes and ensures compliance to set practices and guidelines.
- Develops reporting criteria, develops and delivers monthly status reports and statistics to leadership and unit.
- Oversees on-boarding of recruited personnel in a timely manner, ensuring smooth and efficient processes and maintenance of a roster database of qualified professionals to rapidly respond to talent management needs.
- Supervises, monitors and appraises the performance of the recruitment and on-boarding teams.
- Works closely with the ERP unit to ensure continuous recruitment services on ATS.
- Ensures compliance of the recruitment processes and procedures at all level.
- Oversees and ensures timely preparation of correspondences, documents required for recruitment, appointment, upgrading, promotion, transfer and other relevant requests until approval and timely committees meeting organization.
- Investigates and determine staff needs trough HRBPs, prepare and update the yearly recruitment plan
- Encourages employees to be brand ambassadors.
- Designs and defines approaches, standard operating procedures, guidelines and up to date tools used in recruitment processes.
- Reviews recruitment policies, manuals as and when required and ensure inclusion of targets set by Policy Organs.
- Oversees the preparation of vacancy announcement and ensure effective and cost-efficient use of AU advertisement platforms by conduct data analysis on the impact of the use of various platforms in meeting targets.
Academic Requirements and Relevant Experience
- Master's Degree in Human Resources Management, Labor Law or Public Administration with ten (10) years post qualification relevant working experience in recruitment out of which 5 years at managerial level and at least 3 years at supervisory level.
- Proven use of Psychometrics batteries (or certification) will be an added advantage
- Proven track records in managing recruitment as well as on-boarding processes in similar international organizations.
- Proven use of Application Tracking System (ATS). The knowledge of SAP SuccessFactors will be an added advantage
- Professional certifications in Recruitment is an added value.
- Proven use (or certification) in Competency Based Interview will be an added advantage
- Leadership and management skills
- Research and analytical skills
- Knowledge in the use of Microsoft Office suite and AU computer software systems
- Ability to actively seek, identify and apply appropriate technology to improve programme delivery
- Proficiency in one of the AU official working languages (French, English, Portuguese, Arabic) and fluency in another AU language(s) is an added advantage
- Interpersonal and negotiation skills
- Planning and organizing skills
- Knowledge and working understanding of AU policies, standards and processes
- Communication, presentation and report writing skills
- Strategic Insight
- Developing Others
- Change Management
- Managing Risk.
- Building Relationship
- Foster Accountability Culture
- Learning Orientation
- Communicating with Influence.
- Conceptual Thinking
- Job Knowledge and information sharing
- Drive for Results
- Continuous Improvement Orientation.
- Proficiency in one of the AU working languages (Arabic, English, French, Portuguese, and Spanish) and fluency in another AU language is an added advantage.
Tenure of Appointment
- The appointment will be made on a regular term contract for a period of three (3) years, of which the first twelve months shall be considered as a probationary period.
- Thereafter, the contract will be for a period of two years renewable, subject to satisfactory performance and deliverables.
- The AU Commission is an equal opportunity employer and qualified women are strongly encouraged to apply.
Indicative basic salary of US$ 42,879.00 (P4 Step1) per annum plus other related entitlements e.g. Post adjustment (46% of basic salary), Housing allowance US$ 26,208.00 (per annum), and education allowance (100% of tuition and other education-related expenses for every eligible dependent up to a maximum of US$ 10,000.00 per child per annum), for internationally recruited staff and a maximum of $3,300 per child per annum for locally recruited staff
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Application Deadline 4th January, 2023.
- Only candidates who have met all the requirements of the post and have been selected for an interview will be contacted.
- Only applications registered online with a complete curriculum vitae (CV) attached will be considered.
- The Africa Union is an equal-opportunity employer, and female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply