Process Technician at Lafarge Africa Plc
Lafarge Africa Plc is a member of the LafargeHolcim Group – the biggest building and concrete solutions company in the world. It is a publicly quoted company on the Nigerian Stock Exchange (NSE) and serves Nigeria with a wide range of building and construction solutions designed to meet housing and construction needs from small projects like individual home buildings to major construction and infrastructure projects.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Process Technician
Requisition ID: 3176
Location: Ewekoro, Ogun
- Within the framework of the company’s objectives and yearly plans, his mission is to coordinate and supervise activities in the Packing Plant for the purpose of loading and dispatching Cement in accordance with loading procedures and according to raised invoices.
- Contribute to the best level of performance of plant’s equipment.
- Preforms all tasks in a safe and efficient manner.
- Check for safety and cleanness in the workplace
- Define the missions and objectives of his/her workforce and can out their performance reviews, promote the quality of the work and motivate his/her personnel, develop their skills to keep abreast with new management methods and tools.
- Comply with EMS Process Instrumentation activities
- Ensure Involvement in the implementatlon and maintenance of integrated management system in the plant.
- Ensure compliance to all safety rules and standards at all times In processes.
- Maintain Cleanliness of Process Equipment Area
- Analyze all processes, Identify all fundamental issues and assist in appropriate resolution
- Monitor the parameters relating to plant operations and develop method for better output from or greater stability of the production process.
- Validate end control correctness of sensors.
- Validate the quality of process data reported.
- Assist in conducting a production process studies and audits which deems necessity or which are requested by the line management, with the possible assistance of expert from the technical center or the plant process manager.
- Liaise with operational staff, CROs, patrollers etc. on operational issues that affect plant performance
- Diploma in Engineering discipline (Chemical, Mechanical & Electrical Englneering).
- 2 - 5 years experience.
- Good knowledge of safety and environmental laws and regulations. Good written and verbal communicatlons skills.
- Working knowledge of cement manufacturing processes:
- Raw meal preparation, buming, combustion, grinding and packing operation.
- Commitment to the highest standards of safe work habits.
- Sound analytical skills
- Working knowledge of cement manufacturing process.
- Working knowledge of equipment operation procedure. Able to take initiative based on sound problem solving skills. Good analytical skills
- Good Interpersonal relationship
- Demonstrated leadership skills via work ethics, ability to delegate and motivate, faimess, etc
- Result oriented
- Team player.
- Good aptttude for organlzation and communicatlon
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply