Procurement and Logistics Manager, Integrated Health Program at Palladium Group
Palladium is a global leader in the design, development and delivery of Positive Impact - the intentional creation of enduring social and economic value. We work with foundations, investors, governments, corporations, communities and civil society to formulate strategies and implement solutions that generate lasting social, environmental and financial benefits.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Procurement and Logistics Manager, Integrated Health Program
Ref No: req12521
Project Overview and Role
- The procurement and logistics manager is responsible for planning the high-volume procurements and the distribution logistics planning and execution.
- He/she ensures that Grants Under Contracts and other high-volume procurements are pre-planned and executed across the task orders in a manner that eliminates disruptions.
- He/she reports to the Grants and Compliance Senior manager but works very closely with Operations and Finance.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Develops a comprehensive procurement plan for purchase and distribution of goods and services required to implement activities in IHP's current 5 states of operation in Nigeria (Bauchi, Kebbi, Sokoto, Ebonyi, and FCT).
Provides technical support to the IHP staff to develop a comprehensive procurement plan covering all stages of the procurement and distribution process including, but not limited to:
- Items to be procured with justification and timelines
- Procurement approach (local v international, closed v open competition, etc.)
- Evaluation methodology and criteria
- Procurement steps
- Type of contract to be used
- How procurement risks will be mitigated through contract performance metrics, insurance, or other means
- Determining costs and how they’re used as evaluation criteria
- Eligibility requirements for vendors
- Standardized procurement templates or documents to be used
- How multiple procurements and subsequently suppliers will be managed
- Establishing contract deliverables and deadlines
- How procurement and contracts are coordinated with project scope, budget, and schedule
- Any constraints pertaining to procurement
- Works with State Offices to prepare or review procurement reports for consistency with company and donor policies.
- Strategically plans and manage logistics, warehouse, transportation, and customer services
- Liaise and negotiate deliveries with pre-identified supply and haulage vendors
- Keep track of quality, quantity, stock levels, delivery times, transport costs, and efficiency
- Arrange warehouse, catalog goods, plan routes, and process shipments
- Resolve any arising problems or complaints
- Delivery and distribution requirements and approach
- Acceptance criteria for procurement activities
- Develops procurement strategies that are inventive and cost-effective.
- Identifies reliable suppliers and vendors to develop a robust vendor database.
- Collates Purchase Orders and subcontracts from the state offices and organizing and confirming delivery of goods and services.
- Maintain metrics and analyze data to assess performance and implement improvements
- Bachelor's and Master's Degrees in Procurement, Logistics, or Business Administration, Economics, etc.
- Membership of relevant professional bodies would be an added advantage.
- Proven experience managing Procurement and Logistics
- Record of successful distribution and logistics management
- Excellent analytical, problem-solving, and organizational skills
- Ability to work independently and handle multiple projects
- At least 8 years of work experience in broader procurement, logistics, and operations management with an international organization, USG contracts, or military.
- Knowledge of USG policies, rules, and regulations.
- In-depth knowledge of preparing and reviewing contracts, invoicing, and negotiation terms.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook, and Access).
- Management and leadership skills.
- Multi-tasking and time-management skills, with the ability to prioritize tasks.
- Highly organized and detail-oriented.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion
- We welcome applications from all sections of society and actively encourage diversity to drive innovation, creativity, success and good practice. We positively welcome and seek to ensure we achieve diversity in our workforce; and that all job applicants and employees receive equal and fair treatment regardless of their background or personal characteristics.
- These include: (but are not limited to) socio-economic background, age, race, gender identity, religion, ethnicity, sexual orientation, disability, nationality, veteran, marital or Indigenous status.
- We define Safeguarding as “the preventative action taken by Palladium to protect our people, clients and the communities we work with from harm”.
- We are committed to ensuring that all children and adults who come into contact with Palladium are treated with respect and are free from abuse.
- All successful candidates will be subject to an enhanced selection process including safeguarding-focused interviews and a rigorous due diligence process.
Note: Should you require any adjustments or accommodations to be made due to a disability or you are a neurodivergent individual or any other circumstance, please email our team at email@example.com