Procurement Specialist at World Bank Group
The World Bank Group - Established in 1944, the WBG is one of the world’s largest sources of funding and knowledge for development solutions. In fiscal year 2018, the WBG committed $67 billion in loans, grants, equity investments and guarantees to its members and private businesses, of which $24 billion was concessional finance to its poorest members. It is governed by 188-member countries and delivers services out of 120 offices with nearly 15,000 staff located globally.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Procurement Specialist
Job #: req13465
Location: Abuja, Nigeria
Organization: World Bank
Term Duration: 3 years 0 months
Recruitment Type: Local Recruitment
Required Language(s): English, French
- WB AFW is looking for a Procurement Specialist to improve its capacity, the World Bank West and Central Africa Procurement Unit seeks to recruit a procurement professional, capable of operating effectively in the region.
- Effective, efficient, and transparent public procurement is crucial for achieving AFW’s objectives.
The Procurement Specialist Will:
- Provide implementation support to the Bank’s portfolio in the country. Including through inputs for policy-based operations, hands-on implementation support and fiduciary due diligence of investment financing.
- Understand relevant procurement markets using analytical tools and approaches to define more effective procurement strategies.
- Efficiently engage in policy dialogue to help countries to reform and improve their public procurement systems.
- The Procurement Specialist will be working under the oversight and mentorship of the Regional Accredited Practice Manager. The duty station for this position is Nigeria.
- A Master’s Degree with a major in a relevant field (e.g., Business Administration, Engineering, Commerce, Law, Procurement, Public Policy, etc.).
- Minimum of 5 years of proven experience in carrying out technical duties in procurement inside or outside the World Bank.
- Knowledge of the concepts, principles and practices governing international procurement, with the ability to translate concepts into operational work, including but not limited to VFM, sustainable procurement, strategic sourcing, market analysis, contract management, etc...
- Ability to deal sensitively in a multi-cultural environment and build effective working relations with clients and colleagues.
- High level of integrity.
- Excellent command of English and French
- Good interpersonal skills and persuasiveness in presenting, discussing, and resolving highly complex issues, both orally and in writing.
- Autonomous and committed with technical quality.
- Ability to solve problems involving multiple partners and constraints.
- Analytical skills to recognize patterns, extract conclusions and formulate strategies out of information coming from multiple sources and in a variety of forms.
Specific Specialized Skills, Knowledge and Competencies:
- Knowledge of institutions and procurement reforms in Borrower’s countries.
- Understanding of the World Bank’s business objectives, products and project cycle.
- Ability to handle complex, multi-functional, cross-regional projects/programs including maintaining relationships with partners & counterparties.
- Good understanding of risk management.
- Understanding of political economy, public policy, public systems and public management.
- Demonstrates knowledge and understanding of contract management tools & methodologies.
World Bank Group Core Competencies:
- The World Bank Group offers comprehensive benefits, including a retirement plan; medical, life and disability insurance; and paid leave, including parental leave, as well as reasonable accommodations for individuals with disabilities.
- We are proud to be an equal opportunity and inclusive employer with a dedicated and committed workforce, and do not discriminate based on gender, gender identity, religion, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, or disability.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
- The World Bank Group is committed to achieving diversity in terms of gender, nationality, culture and educational background. Individuals with disabilities are equally encouraged to apply. All applications will be treated in the strictest confidence.
- This appointment will last 3 years but it could be extended depending on performance and business need
Application Deadline 18th November, 2021. (11:59pm UTC).