Production Manager at Jamara Operations Limited
Jamara Operations Limited is into the Production, Supply, Sale and Installation of Electrical and Electronic Equipment. Jamara is the people's retailer outlet. It's the ultimate home goods destination which continues to grow each day. Our customers can count on us to expect the unexpected; we are fun, quirky, know how to add personality to everyday items, and add spice to your home.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Production Manager
Location: Gbagada, Lagos
Employment Type: Full-time
- Plan and organizes production schedules, assess project and resource requirements, determine quality control standards, manage production processes and ensure that the production is cost effective.
- Re-negotiate timescales or production schedules as necessary, select, order and purchase materials.
- Estimate, negotiate and agree budgets and timescales with clients and managers.
- Organize the repair and routine maintenance of production equipment.
- Maintain staff by recruiting, selecting, orienting, and training employees.
- Maintain production work flow by monitoring steps of the process to meet specifications and deadlines; setting processing variables; observing control points and equipment; monitoring employees and resources; studying methods; implementing cost reductions; developing reporting procedures and systems; facilitating corrections to malfunctions within process control points; initiating and fostering a spirit of cooperation within and between departments.
- Complete production plan by scheduling and assigning employees; accomplishing work results; establishing priorities; monitoring progress; revising schedules; resolving problems; reporting results of the processing flow on shift production summaries.
- Maintain quality service by establishing and enforcing organization standards and health and safety regulations.
- Ensure operation of equipment by calling for repairs; evaluating new equipment and techniques.
- Accomplishe manufacturing staff results by communicating job expectations; planning, monitoring, and appraising job results; coaching, counseling, and disciplining employees; initiating, coordinating, and enforcing systems, policies, and procedures.
- Take up IMS responsibilities such as reporting unsafe act, condition or procedure in the work place, participating in fire or emergency drill at work, participating in incident reporting and investigation when necessary and adherence to Company policies.
- Provide manufacturing information by compiling, initiating, sorting, and analyzing production performance records and data; answering questions and responding to requests.
- Manage the inventory to ensure that Jamara Operations Ltd has always the supply needed to complete production quotas quickly and efficiently, place orders when necessary in advance so inventory is restocked before depletion.
- Create and revise systems and procedures by analyzing operating practices, record-keeping systems, forms of control, and budgetary and employee requirements; implementing change.
- Maintain safe and clean work environment by educating and directing employees on the use of all control points, equipment, and resources; maintaining compliance with established policies and procedures.
- Maintain working relationship with the union by following the terms of the collective bargaining agreement.
- Candidates should possess a Bachelor of Engineering (B.Eng) qualification.
- 5 - 10 years work experience.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: [email protected] using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.
Application Deadline 23rd June, 2023.