Program Assistant, COVID-19 at Save the Children
Save the Children is the leading independent organization for children in need, with programs in over 120 countries. We save children’s lives. We fight for their rights. We help them fulfil their potential. Save the Children is working in Nigeria because one in five children in Nigeria dies before their fifth birthday. About 40% of children miss out on school and have to work to survive while nearly 2 million children have lost one or both parents to an AIDS-related disease.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Program Assistant, COVID-19
Job ID: 220008UJ
Employee Status: Fixed Term
Team: Programme Operations
Post Type: National
- Level 3- The responsibilities of the post may require the post holder to have regular contact with children or young people and, in the overseas context all posts are considered to be level 3 posts in view of potential situations which may allow staff unsupervised access to vulnerable children and young people.
- The Program Assistant COVID-19 is responsible for the coordination, implementation, and monitoring of the COVID-19 activities of the project in the State.
- He/She will be responsible for COVID-19 project management, COVID-19 monitoring and supervision, capacity building, partnership and networking.
Scope of Role:
- Reports to: Project Manager, CGPP
- Staff directly reporting to this post: None
Key Areas of Accountability
- Work under supervision of the team lead and in close coordination with other departmental heads to implement the COVID-19 project activities.
- Conduct COVID-19 activities in a timely manner to meet the project’s objective
- Ensure the COVID-19 activities are inclusive and gender integrated
- Carefully document COVID-19 activities and submit timely reports to supervisor
- Ensure the Volunteers (VCMs and Male Peer Educators) conduct referrals and follow up (tracking) for completion.
- Review the CBO and LGAC workplans and ensure key COVID-19 activities are well captured.
COVID-19 monitoring and supervision:
- Supervise COVID-19 vaccination at fixed and outreach points
- Monitor Awareness creation activities (motorize campaigns, male peer education sessions, VCM mobilization etc) and provide technical assistance.
- Supervise referral process and ensure the volunteers refers and does follow-up on eligible adults.
- Work with the MEAL Officer to review documentation of COVID-19 activities in the COVID-19 data tools.
- Work with the MEAL Officer to track COVID-19 indicators (process, output, and outcomes).
- Support in training of LGAC team and volunteers on COVID-19 activities and reporting tools
- Mentor the LGACs, VWS, and VCMs on COVID-19 activity implementation, documentation, and reporting.
Partnership and networking:
- Under the leadership of the State Team Lead work closely with Government and Partners on implementation of the SCALES 3.0 strategy.
- Participate in COVID-19 coordination meeting at the State level.
- Attend monthly COVID-19 IP meetings with Donor Agency.
Key Working Relationships:
- Internal: he/she will be expected to work in close collaboration with CGPP local partners in knowledge sharing, mentoring, and training opportunities. He/She will liaise with thematic leads (MEAL, Communication, Surveillance etc) in the CBOs and NGO partner to ensure there is a uniform COVID-19 workplan for the country program that aligns with the SCALES 3.0. He/She is expected to maximize opportunities for cross-learning between all CGPP technical officers and other technical officers in all CGPP -supported PVOs and NGOs in-country.
- External: he/she is expected to work closely with COVID-19 officers in key partner organizations like WHO, UNICEF and Government Agencies like State Primary Health Care Management Boards.
Skills & Experience
Desirable / Qualifications:
- Bachelor's Degree or Equivalent in Health, Social Sciences or any related field with experience in Public Health Field work
- Computer literacy (MS Office applications, Excel and Power Points, etc)
- Ability to work in communities
- Good interpersonal skills
- Ability to work within a team setting
- Excellent communication skills
- Master’s Degree is an added advantage
- 2 - 3 years working experience in COVID-19, GHSA or Child Health related Project with local NGOs
- Familiar with Surveillance & COVID-19 Indicators
- Experience in referral system and work plan development is an advantage
- Fluency in English and Hausa (Spoken and Written) – This is a Community-based Position
- Female applicant from Katsina State are strongly advised to apply
- Experience in a relatively insecure field based environment.
- 1 - 2 years of direct experience of working in COVID-19 or Global Health Security Agenda (GHSA) Programme in rural and hard to reach communities
- Training on Surveillance data Quality of Priority Zoonotic Diseases (PZDs)
- Good understanding of COVID-19 Surveillance Indicators
- Computer literate
- Strong communications skills (both written and verbal).
- Working experience in Community Surveillance of COVID-19 and Other Priority Zoonotic Diseases (PZDs)
- Experience in working with VCMs, VWS in high risk Communities to maintain High Community Surveillance for COVID-19 and PZDs
- Training in Surveillance and GHSA activities
- Commitment to team working and understanding of how to contribute.
Skills and Behaviours (our Values in Practice)
- Accuracy and timeliness in all areas of responsibility
- High level of accuracy in work, and ability to analyse complex sets of relationships and situations
- Holds self and others accountable
- Creating best-in-class EA function
- Future-orientated, thinks pro-actively.
- Working effectively with stakeholders to achieve common goals
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Builds and maintains effective relationships, with their team, colleagues, members and external partners
- Approachable, good listener, easy to talk to.
- Designing more effective admin systems
- Willing to take disciplined risks
- Honest, encourages openness and transparency, demonstrates highest levels of integrity.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Application Deadline 21st December, 2022.