Program Manager at Andela
Andela is a network of technology leaders dedicated to advancing human potential. We help companies build high-performing distributed engineering teams by investing in Africa’s most talented software developers. Based in NYC, SF, Lagos, Nairobi, Rwanda and Kampala, Andela is catalyzing the growth of tech ecosystems across the African continent while solving the global technical talent shortage.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Program Manager (M & A)
- We’re looking for a Program Manager to join our rapidly growing organization to manage upcoming M&A activities.
- In this role the successful applicant will be accountable for successfully running the integrations, change, transformation and migration of newly acquired companies within the Andela organization. This will include deals spanning the whole of the business and partnering with stakeholders in all areas of the business.
- You will work closely with stakeholders across various business units including product, marketing, finance, legal, HR, Data, Revenue and IT to define Day 1 Readiness activities and execute full integration of new acquisitions or partnerships.
- The successful candidate must be able to exhibit high levels of learning agility, as well as be able to deliver results in extremely challenging circumstances with very tight timelines all while operating under strict confidentiality.
- We’re looking for someone who is a natural leader, has the ability to create processes and procedures where there are none, put in place new program frameworks for M&A specifically, and who can manage multiple projects in various stages of completion. We need problem solvers, self-starters, creative thinkers, multitaskers, and people who aren’t afraid to get their hands dirty - you must be able to adapt and ready for constant change as we scale
- If this sounds like you, keep reading - we want to hear from you! We are a fully remote company and you can truly live anywhere while doing this job. English fluency is required.
- Partner with business unit leaders across the organization to clearly and holistically define and document all activities and tasks needed in preparation for any new acquisitions or partnerships
- Lead Day 1 Readiness activities across the company, acting as the leader/expert in absorbing new organizations and staff
- Facilitate business process discussions, document process diagrams and governance implications to support business and technology changes
- Act as change management champion, in partnership with internal communications, while keeping the idea of creating repeatable and scalable processes and deliverables at the forefront
- Coordinate and manage third-party vendors, when applicable
- Establish and maintain credibility with all stakeholders and executive leadership by delivering on what you say you are going to do
- Help drive common and repeatable approaches that make it simpler for the teams and leaders, allowing them to focus on big picture problems.
- Build strong relationships with partner organizations as we blend processes, systems, and businesses and demonstrate the ability to influence without express authority
- Track milestones, manage task/project dependencies, manage and monitor task progress, handoffs, and deliverable status through our project management tool, Smartsheet
- Manage all issues & risks related to the project, provide recommendations for solutions/mitigation, proactively escalate, and facilitate resolution
- Conduct Due Diligence analysis, complete necessary documentation, and assist in preparing and presenting recommendations to executive leadership
- Maintain communication and reporting for all M&A activities, providing transparency to all levels of the business, specifically inter-departmental stakeholders, ensuring alignment and project consistency
- Present integration progress to executive management at regular intervals
- 5+ years of progressive roles in global program or project management roles
- Previous M&A or related integration management experience, required
- Experience working in a technology company, ideally with marketplace foundations, preferred
- Excellent written, verbal, and presentation skills
- Strong attention to detail and consistency in documentation
- Impeccable project management with the ability to identify and communicate blockers, next steps, and progress.
- Excellent written and verbal communication with a tendency to over-document and over-communicate: we are fully remote, so this is very important!
- Humble and willing to learn/grow. We need confident and capable leaders who want to help each other succeed as much as they want to help our talent succeed.
- Track record of delivering end-to-end projects with minimal supervision while working cross-functionally with global virtual teams
- PMP certification is a plus.
- Strong understanding of the technologies and tools used in the full Andela tech stack including, but not limited to, Jira, Confluence, Slack, Smartsheet, Google Workspace, Google Cloud, Figma, Looker, Marketo, Miro, Salesforce, Zoom
- Ability to negotiate and manage conflict while maintaining the ability to build strong relationships and influence, motive and collaborate cross-functionally with all levels of management
- Proven ability to work in a fast-paced, rapidly changing, dynamic and challenging environment while still delivering on-time results
- Comfort with managing data migration and structure
- Consensus-builder; develops relationships across the company with ease
- Fully Remote work culture
- A fair and competitive salary
- Bring your own device stipend - buy your own laptop with funds from Andela
- Quarterly work from home stipends
- Paid time off
- Additional paid holidays
- Flexible working hours
- Health insurance (country-specific)
- 401k (US only)
- Andela Affinity Groups
- And more.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply