Program Manager at Andela Nigeria
Andela is a network of technology leaders dedicated to advancing human potential. We help companies build high-performing distributed engineering teams by investing in Africa’s most talented software developers. Based in NYC, SF, Lagos, Nairobi, Rwanda and Kampala, Andela is catalyzing the growth of tech ecosystems across the African continent while solving the global technical talent shortage.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Program Manager
- We need a Program Manager to join the Business Delivery team. The Program Manager position will help drive forward cross-functional projects as well as identify new projects and areas of opportunity. Flexibility and the ability to quickly learn will be key to your success in this role as we will be bringing you into some projects from the beginning to help identify scope, and other already in-flight projects to help fight fires and steer the ship towards success!
- The ideal candidate will be a highly motivated self-starter and problem solver with previously earned value management experience. We will encourage you to identify areas of improvement, work independently and with primary collaborators to address sophisticated issues and work well within a team environment.
- You will be leading several initiatives forward at once and are responsible for reporting on the project status. Your aim will be to keep teams aligned on the plan's mission.
- Find opportunities for improvement and process definition and propose projects to benefit the organization
- Lead projects from discovery to launch
- Build and maintain project plans and corresponding reports to collaborators
- Manage communication between cross-functional teams with opposing priorities, helping identify next steps
- Build project charter documents, define requirements and encouraged outcomes, and ensure projects move forward against timelines and deliverables
- Identify success metrics for each project at the kickoff and report out on them during the retrospective
- 4+ years of project management experience or 3+ years of program experience
- Strong communication and experience working with different teams and people of all levels.
- Experience crafting project teams from scratch
- Leadership skills with the proficiency to empower and focus teams to reach a meaningful goal as well as the capability to think tactically and strategically
- Being human - knowing when to ask for help, reach out for support, or learn something new while keeping a positive attitude
- Interpersonal & analytical skills
- Experience with conflict resolution and managing shifting priorities while maintaining control
- Risk management and capacity to identify critical paths and bottlenecks and identify a path forward
- Fully Remote work culture - we hire globally and all of our roles are fully remote!
- Bring your own device stipend - buy your own laptop with funds from Andela
- Quarterly work from home stipends
- Flexible working hours
- Growth & development paths
- Generous Paid Time Off, Parental Leave, Compassionate Leave
- And more to come! We're on a journey to reimagine global benefits at Andela
- Equity (as a part of compensation package)
- Healthcare, 401k / pension (US only)
- Andela Affinity Groups
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply