Programme Coordinator (Global Equality Project) at Westminster Foundation for Democracy
Westminster Foundation for Democracy (WFD) is the UK public body dedicated to supporting democracy around the world. Operating directly in over 40 countries, WFD works with parliaments, political parties, and civil society groups as well as on elections to help make countries’ political systems fairer and more inclusive, accountable and transparent.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Programme Coordinator (Global Equality Project)
Hours: Full Time
Contract length: September 2022 - March 2023.
Contract type: Full-time. Fixed Term Contract for Service
- The Program Coordinator for Global Equality Project (GEP) supports the delivery of WFD’s FCDO funded programme focused on promoting the protection of vulnerable groups, particularly women and girls, against all forms of violence, including gender-based violence, while expanding their participation in decision making processes.
- Under the guidance of the Country Representative and working in collaboration with WFD staff across the organisation, the Programme Coordinator is responsible for ensuring that the implementation of projects and programmes meet WFD’s highest standards.
- He/she will take responsibility for the management of the project in Nigeria, provide administrative and logistical support; prepare, and disseminate project documentation; assist in the preparation of the narrative and financial reports; collect, monitor, and evaluate data and communicates project successes and achievements.
- This role will take responsibility in the key areas of programme implementation, financial management, monitoring, evaluation and reporting, communication, risk management.
- programme management
- Undertake research in support of programme development.
- Work closely with Finance to track activity-based budget (ABB)
- Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) support: capturing outcomes and producing progress reports using M&E reporting systems.
- Contribute to regular donor reporting and the preparation of case studies and/or success stories, as necessary.
- Ensure the Evidence and Impact Hub is updated with the required programme data
- Update Activity Tracker with any changes during implementation
- Update Africa Weekly Dashboard
- Build solid relationship with stakeholders, partners, and donors at all levels
- Proactively facilitate the information sharing and coordination of GEP’s programme with partners, donors, parliamentarians, civil society, and high-level government officials.
- Undertake and prepare programme documents and coordinate outcome products from program implementation.
- Development and co-ordination of programmes activities: record management, maintaining programme administration processes and systems.
- Provide support with logistic and technical operations
- Coordinate field visits both in country and international for staff and Experts.
- Prepare feedback forms and activity summaries
- Prepare quarterly reports/budget alignment, while ensuring harmony between the narrative and financial reports.
- Identify and monitor risks related to security, political, operational, reputational, safeguarding, and fiduciary risks
- Report identified risks to line manager and appropriately update Country/Programme Risk Register
- Develop local programme security plans and conduct security assessments for local and incoming travellers.
- Support with the development of risk management strategies, contracting, procurement, and ensuring donor compliance and financial scrutiny.
- Coordinate with WFD Communications Team to provide content for WFD website and social media platforms (Yammer, Facebook, Twitter, and SharePoint)
- Contribute to or lead as necessary on development and dissemination of communications/visibility materials (e.g., banners, signage, print materials).
- Identify communications/visibility opportunities for programme activities
Skills, Experience and Knowledge:
- Relevant Masters Degree will be an added advantage
- At least 9 years first-hand experience working in the development sector, with good experience of working in similar position.
- Experienced in organising programme management systems and tools.
- Experience working with diverse and multi-disciplinary teams
- Self-motivated with the ability to multitask, effectively plan and organise own schedule
- Excellent written and spoken English with fluency in the dominate language of the country where the position is advertised.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft 365 suite of Office products (e.g., Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, SharePoint, Dynamics)
- Understanding of programme administration, evaluation, and monitoring.
- Good knowledge of budgeting and book-keeping, with strong capacity to monitor programme expenditure and variance.
- Competent reviewing data and producing reports.
£1,210 gross per month.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Note: This is a field-based role in Nigeria; applicants must be eligible to work in the country.
WFD's Competency and Skills Framework
- WFD's competency and skills framework describes the behaviour required for each position. These position provides support function within the organisation. Therefore, candidates applying for this position will be assessed at interview against the competencies relevant for a Support Level position. For more information about the WFD's Competency and Skills Framework please visit www.wfd.org/careers/
Application Deadline 21st August, 2022.