Job descriptions Sample Templates How to do it yourself Words and Meanings Interview questions and answersJobs > International / Multinational > Project Assistant / Project Officer Vacancy at Abt Associates
Project Assistant / Project Officer Vacancy at Abt Associates
Sep 30, 2019, 1:41 PM
Abt Associates - The International Development Division focuses on improving the lives and economic well-being of people in lower and middle-income countries. We command technical expertise in health, agriculture, climate change, food security and governance - as well as in international evaluation. Our multi-layered health portfolio includes policy, health promotion and disease prevention, health finance, and health systems management. In partnership with government clients and local experts, our high-quality programs in Africa, Asia, Latin America, and the Middle East are known for impact and innovation. We are recruiting to fill the position below: Job Title: Project Assistant / Project Officer Req Id: 61555 Location: Lagos Opportunity
- Abt Associates seeks to fill the position of Lagos State Project Officer to support a private sector tuberculosis (TB) project under SHOPS Plus, USAID’s flagship initiative in private sector health.
- The project seeks to harness the full potential of the private sector and catalyze public-private engagement to improve health outcomes in TB, family planning, HIV/AIDS, maternal and child health, and other health areas. In Nigeria, SHOPS Plus will capacitate private providers to scale up TB case finding, diagnosis, treatment and reporting in Lagos and Kano States.
- The Project Officer will support implementation of project activities that will increase availability of TB services in the private sector, improve flow of suspected TB patients into detection and treatment centers, improve the quality of private sector TB services, and strengthen health systems to foster and sustain Public Private Mix (PPM) models for TB care.
- Bachelor's (BS) or Master’s (MS) degree in Health Management, Public Health, Health Administration, or other relevant field
- Five years (BS) or four years (MS) of relevant work experience, especially with TB or other infectious diseases
- Experience with private sector health service delivery at the provincial and/or district level
- Ability to write technical papers and reports
- Strong abilities to implement capacity building activities, training and workshops
- Ability to assess problems and develop solutions.Computer skills in MS Windows, Excel, Word
- Ability to travel within Lagos State approximately 50% of the time
- Excellent organizational skills and oral and written communications skills in English
- Previous experience in TB projects with USAID funding or other donor agencies preferred
- ( 2+ ) years of experience or the equivalent combination of education and experience
- Work closely with the TB State Coordinator to implement private sector TB program in Lagos
- Assist in developing and implementing detailed action plans for activities
- Support the State Coordinators to develop and review technical resource materials (e.g., training materials, SBCC plans, strategy documents, job aids) and programming tools to support meeting project objectives
- Work with administrative and finance staff to plan and organize logistics for training and other events
- Support the State Coordinator to carry out administrative duties including preparing and managing schedules, official correspondence and follow up, tracking budgets and managing cash advances
- Contribute to communication, advocacy and knowledge management tasks including documentation and program report writing
- Support the technical team in capacity building through trainings and on-site mentoring activities
- Plan and carry out supportive supervisory visits to a local intermediary organization (IO) and network providers using developed checklists
- Strengthen IO operations by providing technical and managerial oversight for network support
- Support the State Coordinators as liaisons among communities, facilities, and local government authority (NTBCLP, etc.)
- Contribute to the activity monitoring and evaluation system
- Abt Associates is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer committed to fostering a diverse workforce. Abt Associates provides market-competitive salaries and comprehensive employee benefits.
- Local candidates strongly encouraged to apply.
Subscribe to Free Job Alerts!
Being aware and applying for jobs on time increases your chances of getting a job. Information is key. Subscribe to our free job alerts