Project Coordinator Assistant at Medecins Sans Frontieres (MSF)
Medecins Sans Frontieres (MSF) is an independent international medical humanitarian organisation that delivers emergency aid in more than 60 countries to people affected by armed conflict, epidemics, natural or man-made disasters or exclusion from healthcare.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Project Coordinator Assistant
Location: Toro, Bauchi
Employment Type: Contract (3-month fixed term, renewable)
Scope of Responsibilities and Accountabilities
- Provide support to the Project Coordinator in the administrative part of coordination tasks, ensuring a smooth relation with local and national authorities, contributing to the context analysis and follow-up, providing translations and interpreting in order to ensure the smooth running of the project.
- Monitor and report on key issues (security, risk, etc.) to the Project Coordinator and provide support in analysing contextual information, through a sound knowledge of counterparts, in different administrations in order to improve decision making processes.
- Ensures the continuity of relations with local actors and keeps updated the list of contacts.
- Organize advocacy contacts and appointments for the Project Coordinator with local authorities and partners to ensure the continuity of relations with local actors and involved counterparts.
- Execute clerk-related activities as well as prepare and conduct briefings on the project context to new employees in order to facilitate their integration onboard and within the project environment.
- Translate documents and act as an interpreter when needed.
- File and update field contacts and correspondence (with other NGOs, UN agencies, local authorities, media, etc) in order to ensure information sources accuracy and its availability on regular basis.
- Assist the Project Coordinator in the drafting of correspondences with authorities and counterparts (government officials, UN agencies, NGOs, etc.) in order to ensure fluent and accurate communication flows.
- Assist the Project Coordinator in Internal and External Communication sessions and events about MSF (for National staff, the Ministry of Health staff, as well as local authorities) in order to improve awareness and public opinion adhesion.
- Essential degree in Administration, Political Science or related studies
- Minimum 2 years working experience
- Essential computer literacy (word, excel and internet)
- Result oriented, Team work, Flexibility, Commitment and Stress Management
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Application Deadline 23rd March, 2022.