Project Coordinator at Ebonyi State Ministry of Works and Transport
The Ebonyi State Ministry of Works and Transport invites applications from suitable candidates to fill the vacant position below for the Ebonyi State Ring Road Project:
Job Title: Project Coordinator
Name of Project: Ebonyi State Ring Road Project
Background and Objective
- The Federal Government of Nigeria (FGN) has received a credit from the Africa Development Bank (AFDB) towards the cost for the Ebonyi State Ring Road Project in Ebonyi State and it intends to apply part of the proceeds for the Engagement of a Project Coordinator for the Ebonyi State Ring Road Project.
- The Ebonyi State Ring Road Project Objective is to contribute to socioeconomic development, poverty reduction through improved road transport infrastructure to reduce road maintenance costs, vehicle operating cost and tra vel time.
The Scope of the Assignment
- Under the overall supervision of the Chairman, State Steering Committee and the Ebonyi State Government, the project Coordinator will work on the following tasks to coordinate the implementation of the project:
- Developing detailed annual work and budget plans based on approved overall work plan. Support development and timely submission of work plans to funding agencies.
- Making schedules for project activities listed in the annual work plans to ensure all activities completed on time, ensure timely and duly management of the project and implementation of all activities in accordance with the rules and regulation of the donor agencies.
- Establishing operating arrangement for financial management and accountability.
- Ensuring recommendations made because of the annual audits are implemented
- Ensuring facilitation for audits in accordance with AFDB and ISDB requirements and requests.
- Ensuring transparency and adherence to procurement regulations in procurement processes.
- Participating in advocacy and policy dialogues with national counterparts on issues included in the portfolio of the project, mainly pertaining to the implementation of the project.
- Coordinate with partners and stakeholders.
- Preparing monthly, quarterly, and annual activity progress and financial reports and ensuring the accuracy and timely submission of these reports to the donor agencies.
- Ensuring that project funds are used for the proper purposes, proper activities with efficiency and transparency.
- Organizing monthly team meetings to review and plan project activities.
- Participating in field visits to monitor and evaluate the progress of project activities
- Approve all payments to be made under the project
- Be a signatory to all project accounts and withdrawal applications to be made to the contractors and consultants under the project.
The Ebonyi State Ring Road Project now invites eligible Civil Engineers to indicate his/her interest in providing the Services. Interested Engineers should provide information demonstrating that they have the required qualifications and relevant experience to perform the Services. The shortlisting criteria are:
- Must be a Civil Engineer with a minimum of 12 years' experience in construction works
- A minimum of B.Tech, B.Sc or its equivalent from a reputable University
- And must demonstrate evidence of having received a training on donor funded operation
- Experience in managing, guiding and motivating Staff members, contractors and consultants.
- Must be a computer literate.
- Must be a member of NSE and COREN
- At least 5 years’experience in similar donor funded projects
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should submit their CV by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the Position Title as the subject of the email
Send hard copies of their CV to:
State Project Implementation Unit (SPIU),
Ebonyi State Ring Road Project (EBRRP),
Ebonyi State, Nigeria.
Attention: Engr. Felix Otta.
Application Deadline 4th October, 2021. (12:00 PM)