Project & Cost Accountant in a International Energy Services Company
Feb 25, 2021, 4:31 AM
An International Energy Services Company is currently recruiting suitably qualified candidates to fill the position below:
Job Title: Project & Cost Accountant
Location: Ikoyi, Lagos
Employment Type: Full Time
- Accountable for monitoring the progress of projects, cost control, cost analysis, investigating variances, approving expenses, and ensuring that project billings are issued to customers and payments collected
- Create project accounts in the accounting system.
- Provide cost control, oversight and prepare financial forecasts on all projects.
- Maintain project-related records, including contracts and change orders.
- Confer with receivables staff regarding unpaid contract billings.
- Report to management on project profitability, any opportunities for additional billings and funding available for projects
- Collect cost information and maintain an expenses database
- Construct data accumulation systems
- Analyze and report profit margins
- Prepare (monthly, quarterly and annual) cost forecasts
- Assisting in month-end and year-end closing
- Identify and recommend cost-effective solutions
- Create or approve all project-related billings to customers.
- Investigate all project expenses not billed to customers.
- Authorize access to project accounts and the transfer of expenses into and out of project-related accounts.
- Review and approve supplier invoices related to a project, time sheets for work related to a project and overhead charges to be applied to a project.
- Review account totals related to project assets and expenses.
- Investigate project variances and submit variance reports to management.
- Close out project accounts upon project completion.
- Create and submit government reports and tax returns related to projects.
- Compile information for internal and external auditors, as required.
- Any other related duties assigned from time to time.
- He/she monitors the progress of projects, investigates variances, approves expenses, and ensures that project billings are issued to customers and payments collected
- They may also assist with the development of the financial aspects of the business case for each proposed project.
- Experience: 6 - 10 years.
Application Deadline 12th March, 2021.