Project Manager - FSL / WASH at COCIN Community Development Program Molai
COCIN Community Development Program Molai alongside Christoffel Blindenmission (CBM) Country Office Nigeria entered into a funding arrangement with the CBM Germany
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Project Manager - FSL / WASH
Job type: Contract
- The Program Manager will manage, coordinate, and monitor project activities and relationships with other project stakeholders to assist the achievement of the FSL/WASH projects’ objectives advancing COCIN’s work serving the poor and vulnerable.
- Your project management skills and knowledge of the program area will ensure that the COCIN delivers high-quality programming and continuously works towards improving the impact of this project.
- Ensure the smooth implementation of Food Security and Livelihoods/WASH projects through support to the project team, ensuring adherence to COCIN and donor guidelines and standards;
- Proactively identify issues, report them to the coordinator for adjustments to plans and implementation schedules;
- Support the team to contribute to achieving results as set out in CBM/BMZ Transitional Development Assistance strategies;
- Support technical, budget management, monitoring and reporting activities through the project cycle - start-up, implementation, and close-out - in line with COCIN program quality principles and standards, donor requirements, and good practices;
- Ensure interventions that guarantee resilient, healthy, productive, and cohesive households and communities recover more readily from shocks and stressors, advancing steadily along a pathway to prosperity;
- Ensure learning properly accompanies project activities throughout the project cycle;
- Support accountability through coordinating project evaluation activities following MEAL Policy;
- Represent the organization in sectoral meetings other stakeholders, INGO working groups, relevant local partners and relevant local government and community actors for livelihoods.
- Coordinate activities required for ensuring the financial, material, and human resources for the quality implementation of the project;
- Effectively manage talent by providing coaching, strategically tailor individual development plans, and complete performance management for direct reports;
- Assist with preparation of trends analysis reports and disseminate results. Review project documentation to ensure project file is complete with all required documentation and is filed per COCIN and donor requirements.
Educational Qualification and Experience
- Bachelor's Degree in Health-related fields of studies. Master’s Degree in Public Health or any relevant field would be a plus;
- Ability to contribute to the development of technical proposals, a plus;
- Experience analysing data and contributing to evaluation reports;
- Experience using MS Windows and MS Office packages (Excel, Word, PowerPoint);
- Proven excellent communication and report writing skills;
- Minimum of 2 years of professional experience in project management, ideally in the field of development and humanitarian intervention;
- Previous experience with FSL/WASH activities;
- Technical skills and experience in the areas of agriculture (climate change adaptation and mitigation, among others) agribusiness and / or economic growth, food distribution, money transfers, agriculture / livestock;
- Staff supervision experience;
- Experience working with stakeholders at various levels and strengthening community partnerships;
- Experience in coaching, training, and facilitation.
- Critical thinking and creative problem-solving skills with ability to make sound judgment;
- Strong relationship management skills and the ability to work effectively with local stakeholders;
- Ability to contribute to written reports;
- Proactive, results-oriented, and service-oriented;
- Attention to details, accuracy and timeliness in executing assigned responsibilities.
N200,000 - N300,000 / Month.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should submit their Application Letter and detailed CV that includes the names and email addresses of three traceable references in one document to the recruiting team via: [email protected] using the Job Title as the subject of the email.
Submit your application to the Coordinating office at:
COCIN Community Development Programme Molai,
KM8, Along Biu – Damboad Road,
Molai-Maiduguri, Borno State.
- We will be shortlisting as we receive applications. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
- COCIN does not charge application fees or processing fees to potential applicants or any fee throughout the recruitment process.
- We welcome as a part of our staff both genders as well as people living with disabilities who share our values and our commitment to serving those in need.
- COCIN processes and policies reflect our commitment to protecting children and vulnerable adults from abuse and exploitation.
- Disclaimer: By applying for this job, the candidate understands and acknowledges that COCIN requires its staff to treat all people with dignity and respect. Further, s/he understands that if successful, s/he will be subject to a comprehensive background check, and personal/professional references will be asked to evaluate the candidate’s behaviours related to safeguarding-related topics.
Application Deadline 13th December, 2023.