Job descriptions Sample Templates How to do it yourself Words and Meanings Interview questions and answersJobs > Power / Steel / Energy > Project Manager, Solar Tech Operations Job at Zola Electric
Project Manager, Solar Tech Operations Job at Zola Electric
Sep 27, 2018, 5:52 PM
Zola Electric is the world’s first massively scalable off-grid electric company. It exists to provide affordable and reliable energy to communities that currently lack such power. The company utilizes distributed renewable energy to sell power as a service to customers who suffer from an expensive grid, an unreliable grid, or have no electrical grid access at all. We provide 24/7 clean energy to anyone, anywhere. Our aim is to deliver a complete technical, operational and financial model that makes incredibly high quality renewable electrical services affordable to millions of homes. We are recruiting to fill the position below: Job Title: Project Manager, Solar Tech Operations Location: Lagos Duration: 6 months assignment Job Description
- We are looking for a deeply experienced technical operations leader to help us build out our technical field operations division in Nigeria and beyond.
- In this role you will work with the Executive Sponsor (Chief Product Officer, COO) and country leadership to develop a technical operations division within our Nigeria country operations.
- Work with COO, Supply Chain and Engineering to develop standard Bills of Materials, inventory control and reconciliation of goods processes.
- Other related activities as assigned during the course of the contract.
- Develop a first class health and safety program for field activities.
- Work with logistics to fully map out the order fulfillment-Installation-O&M journey.
- Design installation processes and QA systems for our proprietary grid compatible AC hybrid solar energy systems.
- Recruit, hire, onboard and train our initial crews who will go on to become our Quality Assurance, Train-the-trainers and "special forces" for installation and service.
- Work with engineering to develop standard protocols for remote (technical support) troubleshooting, field engineering and technician support, and standardized maintenance processes.
- Work with training and HR to train internal crews and contractors on said processes and procedures.
- Develop a QA framework to ensure consistent and reliable quality in every customer installation and technical service touch point.
- Experience designing processes and developing written systems to manage quality and standardize activities.
- Strong bias for retrofit installations and smaller residential or commercial hybrid energy systems (solar installations, battery backup systems, remote sites such as telecom towers or outposts etc.)
- Electrical engineering and/or licensed electrician and field engineering experience
- Electrical Utility Intertie and regulations
- Deep HSE program experience and knowledge of international health and safety standards
- Electrical system integration, troubleshooting and repair
- Rooftop and ground mount Solar design and installation
- Technical Team management
- Passion for field operations and logistics management
- Extremely self-motivated, able to work with little or no supervision and deliver quality content and result.
- Our ideal candidate will have years of experiencing installing, commissioning and servicing hybrid energy systems in emerging markets.
- He or she will have experiencing managing field operations using internal and external crews including recruiting, training, managing and department optimization employees as well as managing external contractors.
- The candidate will have worked in emerging markets on the ground, ideally in Sub-Saharan Africa and have extensive knowledge about the challenges of working with sub-standard infrastructure, cultural differences, working with technicians of varying levels of expertise etc.
- The ideal candidate will have a passion for quality, and be obsessed with the value of systemizing processes in order to drive scalable operations and predictably quality work.
- Bachelor's or Master's (preferred) degree in Electrical Engineering or equivalent.
- Minimum 12 years’ experience conducting, managing and overseeing technical operations (installation, commissioning, operations and maintenance) of power systems, including hybrid power systems.
Subscribe to Free Job Alerts!
Being aware and applying for jobs on time increases your chances of getting a job. Information is key. Subscribe to our free job alerts