Public Relations Assistant at Inner Galaxy Steel Company Limited
Inner Galaxy Steel Company Limited remains our biggest investment in the Nigerian economy yet. Located in Umuahala community of Abia state which is some 25km to the industrial and commercial city of Aba, it is a focused steel manufacturing outfit with the capacity to produce reinforced steel bars of different sizes as well as steel products of various shapes and sizes for the Nigerian market as well as the West African coast. With our dedication to quality, we have also begun the production of Thermo-Mechanically Treated (TMT) rebars of various sizes as well.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Public Relations Assistant
Location: Obuzor, Abia
Employment Type: Full-time
- We are looking for a Public Relations (PR) Officer to organize and oversee PR activities and ensure effective communication with stakeholders, media and the public.
- As a PR Officer, you should be an organized and cool-tempered professional who is able to handle a crisis. We expect you to have a creative mind and excellent communication skills. If you are also confident in your public speaking and project management abilities, we’d like to meet you.
- Your goal will be to cultivate a positive company image.
- Develop PR campaigns and media relations strategies
- Collaborate with internal teams and maintain open communication with senior management
- Edit and update promotional material and publications (brochures, videos, social media posts etc.)
- Prepare and distribute press releases
- Address inquiries from the media and other parties
- Track media coverage and follow industry trends
- Prepare and submit PR reports
- Manage PR issues
- Organize PR events (e.g. open days, press conferences) and serve as the company’s spokesperson
- Seek opportunities for partnerships, sponsorships and advertising
Requirements and Skills
- B.Sc / BA / HND in Public Relations, Journalism, Communications or a related field, other fields
- Proven experience as a Public Relations Officer or similar PR role
- Strong communication ability (oral and written)
- Excellent organizational skills
- Ability to work well under pressure
- Creativity and problem-solving aptitude
- Experience managing media relations (online, broadcast and print)
- Background in researching, writing and editing publications
- Proficient in MS Office and social media
- Familiarity with project management software and video/photo editing is a plus
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Application to: [email protected] using the Job Title as the subject of the email.
Note: For Enquiries, Call: 08020541883 during work hours
Application Deadline 31st August, 2022.