Quality, Health, Safety and Environment Supervisor in a Logistics Support Service Provider Company
Human Capital Partners (HCP) - Our client, a Logistics Support Service Provider in the Maritime Industry, is currently recruiting suitable candidates to fill the position below:
Job Title: Quality, Health, Safety and Environment Supervisor
Employment Type: Full-time
- Our client, is recruiting a Quality, Health, Safety and Environment Supervisor as part of efforts to strengthen its operations and enhance its capacity to achieve its goals.
- The role reports to the General Manager and will develop, implement and monitor organizational Occupational Health and Safety Policy, Programs, and Procedures.
- Drive the company’s compliance tohealth and safety legislation and/or regulations with the objective of ensuring that all reasonable and proper measures are taken to protect the safety and health of staff, clients and visitors
- Promote health and safety awareness at all levels within the organization
- Investigate and report on all serious/critical personal injury accidents occurring to staff, contractors and visitors to the management, and to assist in the investigation of all accidents/incidents that result in substantial injury or damage to company equipment and properties
- Act as liaison with all related governmental bodies and regulating agencies
- Coordinate the training of personnel in areas of safety, including first aid, CPR, Fire protection, accident prevention and investigation, workplace inspections and other matters related to implementing safety procedures on company facilities
- Coordinate the Company’s emergency procedures and act as the Company’s emergency on-site coordinator
- Develop, review, and update appropriate sections of the Company’s Emergency Procedures Manual
- Liaise with fire department to organize fire drill exercises
- Liaise with the fire department regarding emergency procedures, communications and fire safety education programs
- Organize the company’s weekly safety meetings
- Investigate and report on complaints of hazardous working conditions to the management
- Conduct, as necessary, the safety inspection of any company facility
- Respond to fires and other emergencies on the company property or facilities.
- Coordinate registration and removal of hazardous waste
- Arrange for Occupational Health and Safety Audit and/or evaluations of the workplace by external agencies/consultants as may be necessary
- Ensure that cleaning services contractors operate in full compliance with their service contracts and company’s procedures.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience
- First Degree in any discipline from an accredited university
- Minimum of 6 years’ related experience
- High attention to detail and excellent analytical skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills, with ability to work well within a team environment and build relationships
- Systematic approach to work, good organisational skills with the ability to multitask and prioritize to adhere to tight deadlines.
- Professional Health and Safety certification
- Proven knowledge of auditing standards and procedures, laws, rules, and regulations
- Advanced computer skills
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the Job Title as the subject of the email
Application Deadline 29th November, 2021.