Job descriptions Sample Templates How to do it yourself Words and Meanings Interview questions and answersJobs > Health / Medical > Recent Job at Lily hospitals Limited for Chief Nursing Officer
Recent Job at Lily hospitals Limited for Chief Nursing Officer
Mar 2, 2017, 11:22 AM
Lily hospitals Limited, established since 1986 remains one of the most prosperous hospitals in Nigeria and within the South-South region of the country. It is the first private hospital in Nigeria to achieve ISO 9001:2000 quality management system certification from the Standards Organization of Nigeria (SON). We are also consistently committed to high standards; continuous improvement, service excellence, organizational citizenship, and outstanding work ethics. At Lily hospitals, we recognize that our staff are vital to the achievement of our organizational vision, the sustainability of our mission and the profitability of our business. We also recognize that our staff are our most valuable assets and as such continuously prioritize their welfare, and also see to the provision of an environment that is conducive for optimal productivity and performance and which consistently supports operational efficiency and effectiveness. We are recruiting to fill the vacant position below: Job Title: Chief Nursing Officer Location: Warri, Delta State. Type: Full Time Job Category: Management Level Job Summary
- The CNO is responsible for directing, planning, coordinating and supervising the nurses and the effective and efficient use of health and medical related services for Lily Hospitals.
- Develop, maintain, and implement nursing policies and procedures that conform to current standards of nursing practice, facility philosophy, and operational policies while maintaining compliance with state and federal laws and regulations.
- Communicate and interpret policies and procedures to all Lily hospitals' nursing staff, and monitor staff practices and implementation.
- Establish, implement, and monitor the infection control program designed to provide a safe, sanitary, and comfortable environment designed to prevent the devilment and transmission of disease and infection.
- Coordinate and/or develop on-going QIPs and QA activities for nursing services to monitor nursing compliance with standards and regulatory requirements through rounds, interviews, and record reviews.
- Develop and maintain documentation system for continuity of care and record storage that assures compliance with federal health regulations, policies and procedures.
- Ensure compliance with regulations pertaining to care plans and residents assessment.
- Participate in management team meetings to discuss resident status, census changes, personnel, or resident complaints or concerns.
- Ensure delivery of compassionate quality care and nursing supervision as evidenced by adequate services and staff coverage on unit, absence of odors, general cleanliness, prevention of pressure wounds, and apparent maintenance of optimal resident functions.
- Provide direct supervision of all the nurses in Lily Hospitals.
- Exercise overall supervision of resident assessments and care plans.
- Collaborate with physicians, consultants, community agencies, and institutions to improve the quality of services and to resolve identified problems.
- Oversee nursing schedules to assure they meet resident needs, regulatory and budgetary standards.
- Provide effective staff management (hiring, development, training, performance feedback and retention) that assures utilization of personnel to best meet the needs of the patients receiving supports and services.
- Evaluate service needs and staffing requirements to assure needs of people supported are met.
- Monitor the job performance of all Lily hospitals' nurses, evaluate their performances and recommend promotions, trainings or terminations.
- Recommend in service educational programs for staff development geared to the specialized needs of the patients.
- Oversee and supervise development and delivery of in-service education to equip nursing staff with sufficient knowledge and skills to provide compassionate, quality care and respect for resident rights.
- Participate in preparing the department's annual budget.
- Maintain operating budgets for personnel and medical equipment.
- Serve as a liaison between doctors, residents; their families and staff members.
- Respond to inquiries in a professional, courteous and timely manner and provide information on Lily hospitals' nursing care and services to the public.
- Ensure patient care is provided in a non-judgmental, non-discriminatory manner that is sensitive to the patient's diversity, preserving their autonomy, dignity and rights.
- Promote compliance with accident prevention procedures, safety rules, and safe work practices to prevent employee injury and illness and control worker’s compensation costs.
- Ensure staff is trained in fire and disaster and other emergency procedures, and evaluate performance during drills.
- Ensure all nursing staff carries out duties and responsibilities in compliance with Lily hospitals' health and safety policy and statutory regulations.
- Ensure a clean, comfortable and safe environment for patients, clients and members of staff.
- Minimum academic qualification of RN/RM or BNSC.
- A Master's Degree (M.Sc) in Nursing or any related Science Degree will be an added advantage.
- Registration with the National Association of Nurses and Midwifery Council of Nigeria and must be licensed to practice.
- Proven record of policy development and implementation.
- Intermediate Knowledge of Microsoft office packages.
- Outstanding communication (oral and written), interpersonal and people management skills.
- Possess high degree of accuracy and attention to details.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- 8 to 10 years relevant work experience in the health sector, part of which must have been in a senior nursing position within or outside Nigeria.
- Experience with any Hospital accreditation program (COHSASA, JCI, ISO etc)
- Knowledge of safety and injection control practices.
- Salary in line with industry standard
- Accommodation available
Subscribe to Free Job Alerts!
Being aware and applying for jobs on time increases your chances of getting a job. Information is key. Subscribe to our free job alerts