Recent Jobs at West African Vocational Education
Apr 20, 2021, 9:20 PM
West African Vocational Education (WAVE) is solving what is arguably the biggest challenge on the continent: youth unemployment. In West Africa, 40-85% of youth, more than 50 million, are either unemployed or underemployed. Meanwhile, job creation in the region is on the rise. The disconnect between work-ready youth and the employment market must be bridged.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Sales Associate
Location: Ikoyi, Lagos
Employment Type: Full-time
Work schedule: 5 / 6 days a week (9am - 7pm)
Candidates for the Sales Associate role must be:
- Great at presenting.
- Good selling skills.
- Communication and listening skills.
- Also, great digital marketing or ability to learn on the job.
- Meet monthly sales target
- Work strategically to develop and create content for social media
- Customer relationship management
- Must have interest in retail and strong selling skills
- Must be able to use social media efficiently
- Experience in fashion retail, beauty business or event planning.
- Must be friendly and possess customer service etiquette.
- NGN 50,000 - 60,000 Monthly plus commissions.
- Opportunity to work and be exposed to the fashion and beauty sector
- Competitive commission
Application Deadline 22nd April, 2021.
Job Title: Chef - BBQ Restaurant
Location: Ikeja, Lagos
Employment Type: Full-time
- The Chef is tasked with overseeing a restaurant's kitchen by managing other members of the food preparation team, deciding what dishes to serve and adjusting orders to meet guests' requests. May assist in prep work, such as chopping vegetables, but more often will be involved in cooking specialty dishes.
- Set up the kitchen with cooking utensils and equipment, like knives, pans and kitchen scales.
- Study each recipe and gather all necessary ingredients.
- Cook food in a timely manner.
- Delegate tasks to kitchen staff.
- Inform wait staff about daily specials.
- Ensure appealing plate presentation.Supervise Cooks and assist as needed.
- Slightly modify recipes to meet customers’ needs and requests (e.g. reduce salt, remove dairy).
- Monitor food stock and place orders.
- Check freshness of food and discard out-of-date items.
- Experiment with recipes and suggest new ingredients.
- Ensure compliance with all health and safety regulations within the kitchen area.
- Hospitality experience.
- Gender - No preference.
- Candidates who live very closely to Ikeja.
- Hours: 8 hours shift, Tuesday to Sunday
- Restaurant opens from 11 am to 10 pm.
N50,000 monthly (Open to negotiation depending on your experience).
- Timely payments of salary.
- Beautiful working environment.
- Opportunity to grow and learn.
Application Deadline 25th April, 2021.