Job descriptions Sample Templates How to do it yourself Words and Meanings Interview questions and answersJobs > Business and Finance > Recent Vacancies In A Leading Private Investment Company
Recent Vacancies In A Leading Private Investment Company
Jun 12, 2018, 10:06 AM
KPMG Nigeria - Our client is a leading private investment holding company with interests in diverse portfolio of businesses. One of the strategic businesses (subsidiaries) is a startup Integrated Rice Farm, with about 30,000 hectares of land and a planned milling capacity of over 10,000 MT p.a. Our client is desirous of filling key role in this subsidiary with best-in class talent in terms of skills and experience for the position below: Job Title: Chief Financial Officer Ref #: CF 80 Location: Jalingo, Taraba, Nigeria Detailed Job Description
- The role is based in Jalingo Taraba State, and will act as a strategic partner to the business.
- The CFO will be responsible for ensuring the effective and efficient management of the farms financial resources.
- Coordinate the financial operations of the Farm and provide overall guidance and leadership in the execution of the activities of the function.
- Manage and oversee the entire day-to-day finance and accounting operations and finance team of the Farm.
- Oversee the development of the Farm's budget and the allocation of financial
- Ensure appropriate financial forecasting, costing, cost tracking, project costing, monitoring and control.
- Establish and maintain systems for cost-sensitivity analysis and early warning of cost-overruns.
- Proactively manage and monitor the Farm's cash flows to ensure optimal cash management and implement best practice treasury management practices.
- Prepare and submit periodic management reports and activities.
- Ensure timely and accurate preparation of the Company's financial statements in line with relevant statutory requirements and International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS).
- Manage relationships with relevant regulatory and statutory bodies.
- Manage the Company's General Ledger and ensure that all transactions are
- processed in line with acceptable accounting principles.
- Promote a culture of transparency and accountability in the Farm's operations.
- Monitor and manage corporate performance management, including monitoring budgets etc.
- Perform other duties as may be assigned by the Managing Director.
- First Degree from a reputable institution in Accounting or related discipline.
- Professional accounting/ finance certification from a reputable professional body, e.g. ACA, ACCA, CPA.
- Minimum of ten (10) years post-qualification experience with at least three (3) years in a management role.
- Working knowledge of IFRS.
- Good understanding of the agriculture sector with specific knowledge of the rice value chain, including key players, markets and value drivers.
- Proven track record in managing an agribusiness at management level.
- Hands on experience in financial planning, budgeting and forecasting.
- Ability to plan strategically and successfully lead growth within an organisation.
- Good communication, business presentation, persuasion, and analytical skills.
- High sense of integrity, responsibility and accountability.
- The role is based in Jalingo Taraba State, and will ensure the implementation of effective controls in the farms processes, operations and systems to ensure transparency and promote good governance.
- Prepare the annual internal audit work plan and ensure its execution.
- Continuously review / assess the business and operational risks facing the Farm in order to proactively establish appropriate mitigating controls and monitoring frameworks.
- Conduct periodic financial, compliance, operational and special audits and carry out investigations into reported irregularities, as required by the Farm.
- Highlight and flag duplications, leakages, and weaknesses across the Farm's business processes and systems and provide recommendations to improve the internal control systems and the quality of the Farm's processes and systems.
- Interpret and analyse reports / data to identify possible risk exposure and advise the MD and the Board on risk exposure – internally and externally.
- Collaborate with external auditors in their independent examination of the Farm's financial statements.
- Stay abreast of industry trends and developments to enable the development and implementation of appropriate control measures, monitoring mechanism as well as their continuous update / revision.
- Prepare and submit periodic activity / management reports to the MD and the Board, on the activities of the Internal Audit function including findings and overall assessment of the Farm's control environment.
- Perform any other duties that complement the internal control systems of the Company.
- Good understanding of the operations of a Farm.
- Maturity and tact, including the ability to relate effectively with various stakeholders.
- Good report writing and oral communication skills.
- Good knowledge of financial and IT systems controls.
- High level of initiative and good attention to detail.
- Good decision making, problem solving and leadership skills.
- High sense of responsibility, accountability and dependability.
- High integrity and ethical standards.
Subscribe to Free Job Alerts!
Being aware and applying for jobs on time increases your chances of getting a job. Information is key. Subscribe to our free job alerts