Recruitment and Admissions Manager at Transnational Academic Group
Transnational Academic Group is owned and operated by a group that focuses on building value across three major business verticals including media, education, and information technology. The Group includes, among other interests, Global Institute Middle East FZ. LLC, CNBC Africa, Forbes Africa, Tech One Global, and SAMAA TV. Our goal is to provide contextually relevant world-class post secondary and professional education to students and organisations in Africa and the Middle East. At TAG, we develop the people who develop nations. Our Partners: Established in 2013 in partnership with Lancaster University, TAG West Africa operates Lancaster University Ghana. TAG Middle East - in partnership with Curtin University - established Curtin University Dubai in 2017, and Murdoch University Dubai in 2008.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Recruitment and Admissions Manager
Employment Type: Full-time
Department: Recruitment and Admissions
Unit: Foundation, Undergraduate student recruitment, School Relations & Engagement
Reports directly to: (Line Manager): Recruitment & Admissions Manager - Ghana
Reports Functionally to: Marketing Manager - Ghana
Directly supervises: Recruitment & Admissions Officers (Nigeria)
Job Summary / Purpose
- Responsible for building, nurturing and maintaining effective relationships with High Schools to support the recruitment of students into the university's programmes.
- Responsible for recruitment of qualified students onto Foundation, Undergraduate and Postgraduate programmes.
Duties and Responsibilities
School Relations and Engagement:
- To network with heads of schools, colleges, external organisations, agents and other stakeholders to establish and develop a robust recruitment supply chain and maximize student recruitment and conversion.
- To organise High School Outreach activities that will engage high school students (normally between 11 and 16). Outreach activities include Higher Education recruitment fairs, Open Days, School Visits and hosting visits to campus (Campus Tours), Parents' Evenings, enquiry management and associated activities.
- To provide information, advice and guidance activities that provide guidance about higher education to high school students. These will be delivered both out in schools, as well as Office walk-ins.
- To liaise closely with academic and support services staff on campus to ensure that they serve effective points of contact for great students experience for prospective students.
- Build and maintain good working relationships with students and alumni to help with recruitment and admissions activities.
- To develop collaborative working relationships across the campus including with Student Ambassadors, Marketing & Recruitment, Student Affairs, Academic Departments, Finance, HR & Events, Careers & Business Development, and across the wider university, as required to meet company objectives.
- To provide needed administrative and logistical support in delivering wider recruitment and outreach activities, representing the university to potential students, parents, Heads of Schools, teachers and School Counsellors, and to act as a persuasive ambassador for TAG Ghana and programmes of the university.
- To develop new activities and materials as required, working closely with relevant academic department and colleagues in Marketing, Business Development and Recruitment teams.
Lead Management and Analysis:
- To use the Customer Relationship Management (CRM) system to record school relations and engagement activities and details of prospective students, and to work with the Marketing & PR team on recruitment campaigns to promote activities to those students.
- Lead the team to act as a port of call, responding to admission enquiries from potential students and parents/guardians on the admissions process.
- Provide relevant information and advice applicants on programme choices and other aspects of the admissions process.
- Provide advice and support to applicants throughout the admissions process that positively influence their views to translate into enrolment.
- Use TAG CRM systems to engage with enquiries and applicants to optimize and manage their experience through the application process and ensure successful conversion rate.
- Ensure that prospective students' certificates have been verified and essential procedures have been carried out prior to enrolment.
- Ensure that prospective students receive appropriate pre-arrival information and other vital documentation (English language certificates) has been verified and essential procedures have been carried out prior to enrolment.
- Reply to standard admissions mails and refer non-standard mail to appropriate persons.
- Maintain records on the database of applications received, offers made and uptake.
- Send out appropriate correspondence to applicants regarding scholarships, etc. and liaising as appropriate.
- Facilitate the application process in a straightforward and efficient way to convert applications to enrolment.
- Organise and run information sessions for prospective students interested in finding out more about programmes of the university.
- Support students in their induction and orientation to ensure a positive start to their "Student Journey".
- Ensure that prospective postgraduate students receive relevant pre-arrival information that will enhance great student experience.
- Follow up with leads at all stages of the pipeline that have become unresponsive to reignite their interest.
- Liaise with Recruitment & Admissions Manager - Ghana to set performance targets for team members and monitor their performance.
- Supervise team members activities.
- Administer discipline, when necessary.
- Motivate and guide team members to deliver on set target/objectives.
- Identify learning and development needs of team members in order to offer appropriate interventions.
- Serve as the main contact person for the implementation of marketing campaigns and activities in Nigeria.
- Prepare and manage department's annual budget.
- Perform any other duties that may be assigned from time to time.
- Contribute to and promote the TAG brand.
- Ensure that duties are undertaken in accordance with quality standards and assurance framework of regulatory bodies (such GTEC, BAC, TAG, LU etc.).
- Submit monthly work plan to Line Manager with copy to Human Resource department
- Submit monthly School Relations & Engagement report to Line Manager
- Submit monthly MIS Reports
- Submit quarterly MIS Report for Board Pack
Key Performance Indicators (KPI's) / Performance Assessment Criteria
Your performance as Recruitment & Admissions Manager will be assessed in consideration of the following benchmarks:
- Your contributions to the overall target of Recruitment & Admissions department.
- Achievement of your assigned target for the period.
- Demonstrable evidence of developing and maintaining strong relationship with Heads of Schools, School Counsellors and other stakeholders which has significantly improved school engagements.
- Development of relationships within and outside the team, and positive feedback from colleagues and other stakeholders.
- Evidence of developing strong relationships with schools and potential applicants, parents who have impacted positively on lead generation and thereby maximized conversion rates into enrolment target.
- Demonstrable evidence of delivering high-quality service to students, parents and other stakeholders.
- Execution of assigned duties within timelines, while ensuring quality standards are maintained at all times.
- Evidence of continuous improvement on recruitment processes and procedures.
Educational / Academic Qualifications (State min entry level qualification):
- Relevant Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience.
- Professional Certification in Sales and/or Marketing, Customer Service.
Technical Competencies (Knowledge and Experience required):
- Working knowledge of Higher Education systems, in particular school relations, engagement, and recruitment cycles.
- Awareness of the business education market and finance education sector.
- Strong interest in delivering high-end services.
- Excellent knowledge of the university's programmme portfolio and entry/admission requirements.
- In-depth knowledge of student's recruitment processes and procedures.
- Knowledge and understanding of cultural differences and how to manage these in the context of student recruitment and marketing.
- Significant working knowledge and experience in sales, marketing and customer care.
- Experience of applying sales/engagement/conversion techniques.
- Collaborative team player with experience working in a dynamic multi-cultural organisation.
Planning and Organizing Skills required:
- Experience in planning, prioritizing and organizing work on daily, weekly and monthly basis, individually and as part of a team, while ensuring the effective use of resources and delivering to tight deadlines.
- Ability to develop annual evidence-based operational recruitment plans and campaigns to deliver on a long-term strategic plan.
- Good project management skills.
- Excellent stakeholder engagement skills with experience in managing a large range of different stakeholders
Communication Skills Required:
- Excellent written and oral communication skills including the ability to negotiate and adjust information that need careful explanation or interpretation to suit the needs of different audiences.
- Excellent presentation skills.
- Initiative and Problem-Solving Skills Required
- Experience in using initiative and creativity to resolve problems, that may be predictable but not routine, identifying practical and suitable solutions.
- Excellent influencing skills and the ability to communicate with credibility, tact and diplomacy internally and externally.
- Good report writing skills.
IT Skills Required:
- Proficient in MS Office Suite
- Competent in the use of CRM databases and spreadsheets
- Proficient in internet use
N500,000 - N700,000 / Month
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their CV to: [email protected] using the Position applied for as the subject of the email