Recruitment at Sahel Consulting Agriculture and Nutrition Limited
Feb 26, 2021, 4:12 AM
Sahel Consulting Agriculture and Nutrition Limited (Sahel) is a leading management consulting firm focused on the agricultural and nutrition sectors in Africa. We partner with government agencies, private sector companies and leading international development organizations to conduct research, analyze policies, develop strategies, and implement programs that promote sustainable food security and improved nutrition. We have worked on a variety of projects across West Africa, including in Benin, Burkina Faso, Ghana, Mali, Nigeria, and Senegal.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Program Officer
Locations: Adamawa, Plateau, and Kaduna with occasional travels across Nigeria
Employment Type: Contract
Duties and Responsibilities
Implementation of project activities and support of project team members:
- Engage with the ALDDN project team and the processors, state government, implementing partners and community beneficiaries to deliver on project goals
- Actively implement training and project interventions and provide technical guidance and administrative support to project team and other partners
- Facilitate and organize meetings and events regarding project activities including meeting with implementing partners, state governments, potential partners, beneficiaries, and media stations
- Develop a proper archiving system of reporting.
Monitoring of project activities and expected results:
- Prepare weekly, bi-weekly, and monthly progress report by collating required information/inputs
- Monitor the projects indicators, targets, assumptions, assess the risks, and propose revisions in the action plan when needed.
- Submit time sheets to the ALDDN Accounts and Admin office as required
Coordination of project resources:
- Coordinate resources (workforce, time, and inputs) as planned, based on timelines, and schedules
- Use of project budget appropriately for the intended purpose
- Avoid abuse and ensure the efficient use of all project assets including but not limited to vehicles, mobile phones, tablets, and projectors
- Mobilize all members of the workforce at the required time to ensure results are achieved
- Submit operational float reconciliation to the ALDDN Accounts and Admin office as required
- Knowledge of project cycle management
- Demonstrate strong management and coordination skills
- Promote teamwork and building team consensus
- Demonstrate high sense of integrity and excellence
- Build a strong relationship with implementing partners, clients focused on impacts and results
- Leadership skills- openness to change and ability to manage complexity
- Ability to implement strategic planning, results-based management, and reporting
- Ability to lead formation, implementation, M&E of projects
- Ability to manage budgets
- Ability to manage results
Other duties as assigned and agreed upon by the National Team Leader (NTL)
Minimum Qualifications & Requirements
- Bachelor's Degree in Animal Science, Animal Production, Agronomy and Extension or any other related fields
- Minimum of three-years’ experience in livestock production, animal husbandry management, or any agriculture-related field experience,
- Working knowledge of English Language (both written and verbal). Conversational Hausa is an added advantage.
Application Deadline 26th February, 2021.
Job Title: Livestock Officer
Employment Type: Full-time
Duties and Responsibilities
Under the general supervision of the Productivity Improvement Manager and the immediate supervision of the Livestock Coordinator, the Livestock Production Officer will contribute to activities related to livestock production components of the ALDDN program. In particular, the incumbent will:
- Participate in the design and implementation of the livestock production activities that support development of feed and fodder production, delivery of animal health services and breeding improvement
- Assist the Livestock Coordinator in developing training curriculum, calendar and modules (including infographic brochures, demo videos, radio program and extension agents training guide in local languages for dissemination) for good dairy farming practices
- Assist the Livestock Coordinator in facilitating training sessions for Program Officers and Extension Officers
- Work with the Program Officers in collecting and reporting data on training beneficiaries
- Work with the monitoring and evaluation team in drafting questionnaires for training effectiveness, administration of the questionnaires and analysis of the findings
- Contribute to the work and participate in field activities to promote interdisciplinary program interventions that relate to animal production and nutrition, dairy production and feed safety;
- Keep up-to-date and informed on relevant developments; design and conduct analytical studies on specific technical and policy issues affecting dairy farming, production and development
- Plan, organize and participate in both scientific and technical meetings and also prepare and edit reports, manuals, guidelines and other publications concerning livestock sector and ALDDN program;
- Facilitate data collection and analyses that contributes to the ALDDN program implementation, monitoring and evaluation;
- Perform other related duties as required.
- Bachelor's Degree, HND qualification.
- 2 - 5 years Experience.
Job Title: Project Lead, Fodder Production
Employment Type: Contract
- We are currently seeking a Project Lead in Fodder Production and Management for Advancing Local Dairy Development in Nigeria Program (ALDDN). Through the program, Sahel/ALDDN seeks to improve and develop the dairy sector in Nigeria and increase dairy productivity through increase access to better feed and fodder to dairy farmers.
The project lead officer for feed and fodder will:
- Supervise and implement the fodder production component of ALDDN program in the project implementation areas (5 states)
- Develop and monitor strategic business plans, work plans and training modules with project partners to ensure private sector participation and sustainability beyond the program life span
- Conduct training on fodder and forage management for the Crop Farmers/Youth farmers
- Provide training on improved approaches to production, harvesting, processing and storage techniques of both new and existing fodder crop in Nigeria context
- Conduct training on fodder storage, preservation technologies like silage and hay making
- Provide appropriate suggestions to the Program Manager to promote programming focused on livestock production and productivity
- Organize project meetings, reports and capacity building for the team and crop farmers
- Oversee capacity of the fodder production and commercialization
- Contribute to the cross-cutting goals of the program
- All other duties as assigned by the Program Manager.
- Master's Degree, B.Agric qualification.
- 6 - 8 years Experience.
Application Deadline 5th March, 2021.
How To Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org with "Job Title" and the specific state as the subject of the mail.
Note: Due to a high volume of applicants, please understand that we are able to contact only those who meet the minimum qualifications.