Job descriptions Sample Templates How to do it yourself Words and Meanings Interview questions and answersJobs > Agricultural / Agro-Allied > Recruitment at the International Institute of Tropical Agriculture, 18th June, 2019
Recruitment at the International Institute of Tropical Agriculture, 18th June, 2019
Jun 18, 2019, 8:07 PM
The International Institute of Tropical Agriculture (IITA) is a not-for-profit institution that generates agricultural innovations to meet Africa’s most pressing challenges of hunger, malnutrition, poverty, and natural resource degradation. Working with various partners across sub-Saharan Africa, we improve livelihoods, enhance food and nutrition security, increase employment, and preserve natural resource integrity. IITA is a member of CGIAR, a global agriculture research partnership for a food secure future. We are recruiting to fill the position below: Job Title: Farm Records Officer Ref: IITA-HR-NRS2019-022 Location: Ibadan, Oyo Recruitment Type: National (3-year renewable contract) Duties Successful candidate will among other things perform the following duties:
- Collect, process, manage and store farm records;
- Manage unit’s store and issue lubricants, spare parts;
- Attend to all Farm Office requisitions,
- Be responsible for training of IT students and managing their records,
- Asist in managing administration of farm project in Ibadan and other sub-stations of the Institute
- Assist the Farm Office charge chargeback processing;
- Perform other related duties as may be assigned from time to time by the supervisor.
- B.Sc/HND in Agricultural Economics or Extension, Statistics or related field with a minimum of two (2) years’ experience performing similar duties.
- Be literate in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Power Point with knowledge of statistical packages as an added advantage.
- Review and support scientists in developing compliant budgets during project development process;
- Review call guidelines and provide guidance in developing proposal guidelines;
- Prepare, review, update and manage database of station costs including staff administrative and operational costs to be used in the development of proposal budget;
- Update master document of costs to facilitate budget development and review;
- Keep track of RSS and other instructional costs introduced by the management;
- Provide budget development support and training to scientists and staff at IITA as necessary;
- Compile and continuously update database of donor budget templates and budgetary requirements;
- Revise and update IITA Budget templates and liaise with HR and Finance on staff cost clarification as well as supply chain and other service providers on other market value of various costs;
- Support the unit head in developing annual budgets for the unit, track PDAU expenditure by submitting a monthly expenditure report and follow up with finance directory with queries as necessary;
- Keep track of key donor budgetary templates and update as necessary;
- Perform any other duties as may be assigned by the supervisor
- B.Sc/HND in Accounting, Business Administration, Economics or related field with a minimum of five (5) years’ working experience in a structured working environment e.g. private sector or non-governmental organization.
- Experience in budget making is imperative, and those with experience in research environments will have a competitive edge.
- Be experienced in budget making.
- Be very good with financials and working with formulas.
- Have ability to work on proposals and budgets.
- Have proven literacy in MS Excel and similar packages.
- Have excellent ability for attention to details.
- Have problem solving abilities.
- IITA is an equal opportunity employer and particularly welcomes applications from women candidates.
- Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Subscribe to Free Job Alerts!
Being aware and applying for jobs on time increases your chances of getting a job. Information is key. Subscribe to our free job alerts