Research Assistant at Malaria Consortium
Malaria Consortium is one of the world's leading non-profit organisations dedicated to the comprehensive control of malaria and other communicable diseases in Africa and Southeast Asia. Malaria Consortium works with communities, government and non-government agencies, academic institutions, and local and international organisations, to ensure good evidence supports delivery of effective services, providing technical support for monitoring and evaluation of programmes and activities for evidence-based decision-making and strategic planning. The organisation works to improve not only the health of the individual, but also the capacity of national health systems, which helps relieve poverty and support improved economic prosperity.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Research Assistant: PMC Effect Study Implementation Osun state
Employment Type: Contract
Duration: October-November- 2023
- We require qualified research personnel that will support with qualitative data collection from caregivers, local leaders, and health facility workers in the project sites through a qualitative research approach as part of the Perennial Malaria Chemoprevention (PMC) effect study implementation in Osun state.
- Support monthly data collection and reporting by health facilities.
- Electronically harvest EPI, SP-PMC and malaria data from the sentinel and other implementing HFs using designated data collection apps
- Extract data from ADR card in both the control and intervention arms HFs.
- Support monthly data validation at the implementing HFs across the 8 LGAs.
- Hold monthly review meeting with the State Implementation Officer, M&E Specialist and the State Project Manager
- Monthly activity report
- Monthly electronic data harvested from the HFs in their respective LGAs
Qualifications and Experience
- Have a Higher National Diploma or a First Degree in a Health-related course, Humanity or Social Science
- Participate in the training on NMDR scheduled to hold in September 2023 in preparation for the activity commencing in October 2023.
- Be successful in the assessment test during the NMDR training
- Be conversant with the geography of Osun state and culture of the people.
- Be experienced in working cordially with health workers at PHCs.
- Have a high proficiency in interpersonal communication.
- Be experienced in EPI activities, especially Routine Immunization and data validation.
- Have a verifiable proficiency in the use of Microsoft package; especially excel, words and power point.
- Have a high proficiency in electronic data collection, entry, and collation.
- Be experienced in the use of checklists.
- Resident in Osun state
- Good communication skills and experience in participatory methodology.
- Innovative, motivated, and able to work with minimal supervision.
Timeline for activities/Total TA Days:
- Duration- October-November- 2023
- Total TA days- 10-days per month.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
- Applicants who are passionate and willing to contribute towards the achievement of our goals should kindly
- Applicants who do not follow this specification, will be disqualified.
- Only Shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- Kindly note that applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis, therefore early applications are highly encouraged.
- Malaria Consortium does not accept or ask for payment during recruitment. We also would not accept hardcopy CVs; all applications should be sent through the above link.
Application Deadline 6th September, 2023 (11:59AM).