Research Assistants at Stand To End Rape Initiative
Stand To End Rape Initiative (STER) is a youth-led social enterprise advocating against sexual violence, providing prevention mechanisms, and supporting survivors with psychosocial services. We advocate for rape survivors who can’t speak about their ordeal due to stigmatisation, by enlightening our community on the need to end rape and victim-blaming.
STER was started with the firm belief that no survivor should suffer in silence and that comprehensive support systems are crucial for their healing and justice. We strive to create a society that stands against rape, supports survivors, and holds perpetrators accountable. Our ultimate goal is to eradicate rape and create a safe and inclusive Nigeria for all.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Research Assistant
Locations: Abuja, Adamawa, Delta, Enugu, Kaduna, Kano, Lagos, Oyo & Rivers
Employment Type: Full Time
The ideal candidates will:
- Conduct assigned research activities under the general direction of the Research and Programs Officers.
- Ensure the completeness and accuracy of the qualitative data collected.
- Assist with collecting, tracking, reviewing, analyzing and summarizing research data.
- Communicate research information to partners and stakeholders by creating technical reports, tables, charts, graphs and/or presentations.
- Be available to travel within the State, and undertake all tasks with due diligence.
- Conduct literature reviews, collect, and analyze qualitative data and prepare technical report of research findings.
- Collect data from research study participants by conducting interviews and focus group discussions.
- Follow-up with research study participants by conducting phone calls and face-to-face visits.
- Maintain accurate records of interviews and focus group discussions, safeguarding the confidentiality of participants, as necessary.
- Compile, tabulate, and code participant data, enter responses into research database and update the database as necessary.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree or relevant experience in lieu of education.
- Ability to effectively and professionally communicate verbally and in writing to a diverse population.
- Ability to speak, read and write fluent English.
- Ability to accurately compile and analyze complex data sets and create and update spreadsheets, graphs and presentations.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their Curriculum Vitae to: email@example.com and copy: firstname.lastname@example.org using the Job Title and preferred Location (e.g "FTV202306 / Research Assistant - Lagos") as the subject of the email