Resume Writing Consultant (Intern) at Kigenni
Kigenni is an exciting people-development upstart that interfaces with professionals in diverse fields and industries, providing them with the tools to become world-class professionals wherever they are in their career journey: a recent graduate, early or mid-career, or executives. With a mission to improve how the AFRICAN Graduate is perceived in the job market, the company provides professional branding (CV, Cover Letter and LinkedIn optimization) services, training and mentorship services to job seekers. To date, more than 10,000 African Graduates have benefited from the Company’s services with over a huge number coming back with ground-breaking testimonies.
According to the National Bureau of Statistics, about 2.9 million Nigerian graduates (Undergraduates and Postgraduates) remained unemployed in 2021 while the estimated annual increase in the unemployment rate stands at 4.1%.
At Kigenni, we fully understand the dynamics of employability and our approach evolves with the ever-changing employment horizon. We are uniquely positioned both by experience and credentials, to make a professional story worth telling prospective employers.
Job Title: Resume Writing Consultant (Intern)
Experience Required: 0-2 Years
Job Location: Remote
Under the direction of the Operations Coordinator, the intern will:
- Understand clients’ career goals and professional situations to write/edit professional CVs, Cover Letters, or LinkedIn profiles based on experience with recruiting, hiring managers, or industry knowledge.
- Assess strategic solutions and provide insight for adapting CV to the position of interest.
- Directly interact with clients where necessary by personalized phone consultations or email to understand and highlight relevant achievements and skills for the CV.
- Provide a professional level CV reformatting, and targeted content ensuring accuracy and strategic phrasing of responsibilities and accomplishments.
- Write and edit professional standard CVs and cover letters, by ensuring subject matter agreement and eliminating grammatical errors, spelling mistakes, or factual errors.
- Select an attractive and impressive CV layout and design to suit clients as a CV must be tailored to the specific needs of each industry.
- Compose scholarship essays, personal statements, and company profiles using company templates.
- - Excellent written and verbal English Language communication skills.
- - An eye for detail and ability to present information concisely and factually.
- - Excellent typing and proofreading skills (working knowledge of MS Word).
- - Experience writing and editing CVs and cover letters are preferred but not a must.
- - An understanding of various industries and job functions including entry-level, technical, professional, and executive roles.
- - Knowledge of various CV formats and the ability to determine when each is appropriate to a specific individual.
- - Active listener with a focus on customer service and the ability to anticipate clients’ needs
- - A teachable disposition with excellent work ethic.
- - Ability to work under pressure with deadline consciousness.
- - Ability to work with difficult clients.
- - Ability to multitask.
- - Ability to work independently.
- - A bachelor’s degree or any other first degree from an accredited tertiary institution.
- - Must meet the general eligibility criteria.
- - A personal computer/laptop
- - Internet access
- - High-value, industry-specific training.
- - Growth and personal development opportunities.
- - Access to regular training and capacity-building sessions.
- - Performance-based ongoing feedback to boost skills.
- - Excellent network opportunities.
- - Location is 100% remote.
- - Work is part-time and based on meeting up with target deliverables.
- - Deliverable-linked compensation package.
How to Apply:
- - Submit your CV and Cover Letter to [email protected] before Midnight on the 13th August 2022.
- - Type the Job Title in the subject line of the email and address it to – The Talent Acquisition Manager, Kigenni.