Job descriptions Sample Templates How to do it yourself Words and Meanings Interview questions and answersJobs > Manufacturing / FMCG / Industrial > SaroAfrica International Limited Vacancy for a Legal and Compliance Officer
SaroAfrica International Limited Vacancy for a Legal and Compliance Officer
Jul 4, 2017, 8:00 AM
SaroAfrica International Limited is the leader in the Nigerian Crop Protection industry. We are a wholly indigenous company, committed to the provision of dependable solutions to crop production problems in a distinctive, rewarding and responsible way. We have our head office located in Ibadan and offices across in Nigeria as well as in some West and Central African Countries. We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Legal and Compliance Officer Location: Lagos Summary
- In Saroafrica, we have obligated to doing the right thing in the right and prescribed manner because of our strong belief that our business growth and expansion will be achieved and sustained when strong corporate governance and a culture of compliance exist.
- To drive this objective, we are pleased to invite suitably qualified candidates to apply for the position of Legal and Compliance Officer.
- Managing litigations and liaising with external lawyers
- Educate all levels of employees on not only the regulations but also the impact of non-compliance
- Investigate irregularities and non-compliance issues
- Collaborate with other departments to create a culture of compliance.
- Must have responsibility for Company Secretariat functions
- Providing commercial legal advice and solutions
- Negotiate, review and draft commercial agreements and key business documents.
- Managing and Fostering excellent relationships with relevant third parties including the security agencies
- Monitor compliance with laws, regulations and internal policies
- Experience in delivering high quality advice and solutions to business leaders and top executives
- Experience in dealing and managing relationships with lawyers, the Police and other security agencies;
- Must have understanding of laws and practice applicable to business operating in Agriculture and Consumer sectors in Nigeria and the Sub Saharan Africa
- Experience in ensuring that Implementations are fully carried out in an orderly and timely manner
- The ideal candidate must have obtained at least a Second Class Upper Degree in Law at both University and the Nigerian Law School.
- Excellent judgment and strong problem solving skills, including the ability to analyze and understand the financial impact of relevant options;
- Professionalism and integrity;
- Ability to perform under time constraints to meet deadlines
- High level strategic thinking capabilities
- Possessing a shared mindset as well as keen eye for details
- Willingness to travel at short notice.
- Possession of at least a Second Class Upper Degree in Law at both University and the Nigerian Law School.
- Minimum of 5+ years of experience
- Demonstration of steady progression and advancement with increased responsibilities;
- The ability to communicate effectively in English consult with others, build relationships, facilitate group discussions, deliver presentations and understand change management;
Application Deadline 7th July, 2017.
Subscribe to Free Job Alerts!
Being aware and applying for jobs on time increases your chances of getting a job. Information is key. Subscribe to our free job alerts