Senior Human Resources Officer at International Federation of Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies
The International Federation of Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies is the world's largest humanitarian network and is guided by seven Fundamental Principles: Humanity, impartiality, neutrality, independence, voluntary service, universality and unity.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Senior Human Resources Officer
Vacancy No: IFRC04025
Duty station status: Family Duty Station
Duration: 3 Months
Category of Staff: National Staff
Grade: Not Applicable
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Reporting to the Head of West Coast Cluster, and as part of the Africa HR team, the position incumbent is responsible for leading, implementing and advancing HR projects related to HR systems.
- He/She establishes, cultivates and maintains ongoing relationships with the Regional and Global HR team as well as with client groups to ensure a clear understanding and agreement among these collaborators of the engagement required towards meeting the objectives related to the projects under implementation.
Recruitment, Selection and Placement:
- Support, implement and administer the effective and timely recruitment processes in the hiring, developing and retaining the best talent to support the strategic human resources needs of the West Coast Cluster.
- Promote equity, transparency, and consistency in the selection process.
- Support the Region human resources needs by ensuring incoming staff receive efficient on-boarding as well as systems compliance is achieved on induction and exit.
- Provide strategic advice around HR needs to Hiring managers
Policy Implementation and HR Administration:
- Provide advice around implementation of National staff guidelines and ensure they are in line with the overall federation guidelines and labour laws
- Liaise with HR Geneva and ARA to ensure effective implementation of HR guidelines for delegates within West Coast Cluster
- Ensure compliance with all systems and procedures and ensure management integrity and accountability with high quality standards in HR; ensure the implementation of audit recommendations; advise on corrective measures and establish relevant internal controls.
- Work with line manager to review JD’s, get approvals for job descriptions and job classification of positions.
- Prepare regular HR activity reports to the Head of West Coast cluster and HR Manager ARO.
- Provide direct HR technical support to Cluster HR team
- Implement Federation HR systems and tools to ensure that there is a consistent HR approach in the Cluster
- Carry out any other tasks, as requested by the line Manager.
Emergency Preparedness and Response:
- Provide back up support for emergency response in HR as and when requested
- Provide support on emergency deployment including regional Disaster Response Teams (RDRT) in close collaboration with Technical Departments
Capacity Building and staff Development:
- In coordination with the relevant programme heads, implement timely and effective staff learning and
- development programmes and briefing on career management to international staff in the office in order to strengthen their capacity building and advance career development planning.
- Identify training and learning needs in consultation with line managers.
- Plan and arrange workshops/learning programmes for competency building in the field staff and National society
- Under supervision of the line manager administer the end to end contracting for all types of contracts
- Under supervision of the line manager and in liaison with regional HR focal points follow up on e-boarding programmes in the region.
- As contract management focal point under supervision of line manager and liaison with regional HR team, review National staff contracts for accuracy and alignment with the local labour laws within Cluster countries of operations.
- Monitor staff/management issues and support/advise management and staff as appropriate to improve the relations and resolve the issues.
- Provide support and advice to management and staff as appropriate to maintain a conducive working environment for all.
- Work with the local lawyer to respond to HR legal matters
- Ensure Compliance by all client groups to all Standard Operating Procedures(SOP) in activities related to workforce planning and staff welfare with all systems and procedures to ensure consistency, integrity and accountability within the set quality standards in the stream of work; ensure implementation of audit recommendations; advice on corrective measures and establish relevant controls.
- Maintain safe and secure filing system for workforce planning and staff wellbeing Human resource documents.
- Ensure effective working relationships with HR unit colleagues, with client groups at all levels within the Africa region and at Geneva Secretariat level.
- Relevant University degree
- Full human resource professional qualification in HR and registered with a professional HR Body
- Post Graduate qualification is an added advantage
- 5 years relevant professional HR practice
- Experience handling employee relations matters
- Experience in preparing staff payroll and HRIS
- Experience of facilitating recruitment and on boarding processes
- Experience of handling confidential information
Knowledge, skills and languages:
- Skills in training and developing staff
- Customer service
- Fluently spoken and written English
- Good command of another IFRC official language (French, Spanish or Arabic) is an added advantage
Competencies and values:
- National Society and Customer Relations
- Creativity and Innovation
- Building Trust
- Collaboration and Teamwork
- Judgement and Decision Making
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
The job involves dealing in confidential matters and requires discretion always
7th June, 2020.