Senior Nursing Officer at International Institute of Tropical Agriculture (IITA)
The International Institute of Tropical Agriculture (IITA) is a not-for-profit institution that generates agricultural innovations to meet Africa’s most pressing challenges of hunger, malnutrition, poverty, and natural resource degradation. Working with various partners across sub-Saharan Africa, we improve livelihoods, enhance food and nutrition security, increase employment, and preserve natural resource integrity. IITA is a member of CGIAR, a global agriculture research partnership for a food secure future.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Senior Nursing Officer
Location: Ibadan, Oyo
Recruitment Type: National (3-year renewable contract)
Successful candidate will among other things perform the following duties:
- Check vital signs (Temperature, Pulse respiration and blood pressure etc.);
- Perform wound dressing on routine and emergency basis;
- Facilitate health education to all categories of staff;
- Conduct eye lavage, Ear Syringing and giving of injections;
- Setting up of intravenous infusion as the needs arises;
- Assist in the management of very ill patients;
- Assist in updating yellow cards to those who are travelling outside the country;
- Assist in the collection of vaccines from State regulatory authorities;
- Carry out cleaning, autoclaving and storage of instruments used in nursing care;
- Replenish the clinic emergency box and resuscitation trolley as needs arises;
- Carryout costing and billing for drugs and other services
- Conduct Immunization of mothers and babies;
- Conduct simple eye testing using snellen’s chart
- Provide consultation for simple clinical cases whenever the needs arise (especially after normal hours);
- Register patients’ attendance every day;
- Perform any other duties as may be necessitated by the absence of any other member of the health team
- Perform other any other job-related task as may be assigned by the Supervisor.
- B.Sc in Nursing and Registered Midwife Certificate with any two (2) of the following:
- Diploma in Public/Occupational Health Nursing
- Family Planning Certificate
- Accident & Emergency Nursing Diploma
- Post Basic Nursing Certificate in Theatre techniques
- Post Basic Nursing Certificate in Pediatric Nursing
- Diploma in Health Education.
- Minimum of 5 years relevant working experiences in at least three of the following areas:
- Accident and emergency unit
- Outpatient department and medical wards
- Family Planning Unit / Family Health Unit
- Maternal & Child Health Unit.
The ideal candidate must:
- Possess good organizational skills and demonstrate ability to work under pressure
- Be able to carry out basic laboratory procedures such as rapid malaria test, urinalysis and blood sugar using a glucometer.
- We offer highly competitive salary with equally attractive benefits and excellent working conditions in a pleasant campus environment.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidate should:
Click here to apply
- Interested applicants should complete the online application attaching detailed Cover Letter and Curriculum Vitae saved with their names in Microsoft word format to IITA.
- The application must include the Names and e-mail addresses of three professional referees (which must include the applicant’s current or previous direct Supervisor, professional colleague and evidence of current remuneration package).
- IITA is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to building a diverse workforce, particularly welcoming applications from women.
- While all applications will be acknowledged, please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
Application Deadline 3rd November, 2021.