Job descriptions Sample Templates How to do it yourself Words and Meanings Interview questions and answersJobs > Media / Advertising / Publishing > Senior Technical Consultant Job at ZastMedia
Senior Technical Consultant Job at ZastMedia
Apr 10, 2018, 6:40 PM
ZastMedia is a broadband digital content company. We provide a platform that enables absolute access to worldwide content at our subscriber’s fingertips. We make it easy to work, play and connect with people by seamlessly moving from one activity to the next at the speed of thought. Work and play are intertwined and we give you the tools to live your life just the way you want it. Along the way, we bring the world to you wherever you are… and exactly how you want it. Period! We are recruiting to fill the position below: Job Title: Senior Technical Consultant Location: Lagos Job Description
- This job position is responsible for monitoring of OFC(Optic Fiber Cable) laying & termination, verification of MB’s, correction of As-built diagrams, OFC testing with OTDR and Power/Laser Source meter
- Install and manage Fibre infrastructure (Aerial or Underground) metro or backbone and coordinate the
- Inspection, approval and Signing-off of all Implementation and as-built-drawings steps and documentation
- Optimization of backbone performance and losses by reducing extra cable joints
- Technical discussion and problem resolutions with vendor and contractor
- Submit all progress reports and documentation requirements of the company in the project implementation process.
- Construction & implementation of the OFC
- Supervise laying of underground cables directly in trenches or string it through conduits running through trenches
- Quality control of Fibre project at all Steps of implementation & acceptance in accordance with the following Fibre Optics OSP Parameter, (Manhole, Route Marker, HDPE & PVC Duct, Bridge Attachments, Crossings ( road, drainage, streams, railway etc...), Blowing & Pulling, Splicing, Joint Box, ODF / DDF, Site Entrance etc...
- Monitoring and reporting all assigned projects at dedicated sites and ensuring timely completion of projects with strict compliance of HSE Policy Procedures
- Effective use of OTDR and Splicing machine for splicing, termination and testing
- Test fibre-optic components ,systems and document results
- Proffer cost cutting strategies for each project while showing loyalty, honesty, transparency and dedication in daily duties
- Must excel in client relationship management; vendor management, and resolution of complicated community issues as well as other issues.
- 3-5 year(s).
- Minimum of B.Eng / B.Tech in Civil Engineering / Electrical Electronics Engineering from a reputable institution
- Expertise in Fibre Optic Cable, Integration, Rollout, Project Planning, Project Management, Transmission, Vendor Management, Contract Management, Quality Assurance, Survey Design, Acceptance Testing, Fibre Optics OSP
- Excellent Communication skills and ability to use initiative & work with minimum supervision
- Minimum of 3 yrs experience in Fibre implementation (Civil and Telecoms work) with ability to work under intense pressure
- Must be skilled in all classes of fibre optic terminations; testing and troubleshooting; system repair; fusion and mechanical splicing; fibre optic cable mapping; and fibre optic plant inspection
- Good organization, multi-tasking ,time management and documentation skills
Subscribe to Free Job Alerts!
Being aware and applying for jobs on time increases your chances of getting a job. Information is key. Subscribe to our free job alerts