Senior Technical Officer at Excellence Community Education Welfare Scheme (ECEWS)
Apr 20, 2021, 10:34 PM
Excellence Community Education Welfare Scheme (ECEWS) is a leading indigenous non-governmental organization that promotes access to qualitative healthcare, Education and economic strengthening opportunities for all Nigerians. Based in Uyo, Akwa Ibom State with a corporate office in Abuja, ECEWS has presence in 17 States across the South-South, South East, South West and North Central Nigeria with a strong client portfolio with the Global Fund to fight against AIDS, TB and Malaria, United States agency for international development (USAID), US CDC and The United Nations office of Projects and the World Bank. Since its founding in 2001, ECEWS has earned a solid reputation among its funders and is well-regarded by competitors and partners alike.
The broadened scope of activities under its Global Fund (GF) Alignment HIV Grant has created the need for increased staff capacity around new and enlarged areas of focus.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Senior Technical Officer
Employment Type: Full-time
- The position provides technical support for multidisciplinary HIV/AIDS care and treatment, working with organization clinicians and health facility- based site teams to implement care and antiretroviral treatment services.
- The objective of this position is to strengthen the leadership and the capacity of the supported facilities in the coordination with all stakeholders to ensure access to quality medical care and ARV treatment for HIV patients, to support the integration of HIV services within the health sector and to strengthen the clinical components of Tuberculosis, Malaria and other diseases in Ebonyi, Enugu, Edo and Imo States.
Reporting and Supervision:
- The position reports to the Zonal Team Lead and has a dotted line reporting relationship to the Deputy Project Director / Technical Lead. The position regularly interacts with the zonal program implementation team as well as key state stakeholders and facility teams including the OSSs.
- Degree in Medicine, Public Health or a related field; or a Master’s degree or equivalent in public health or related fields will be an added advantage.
- Demonstrated experience in non-profit sector in a program management role
- Ability to lead teams and promote cross learning
- Ability to handle confidential information with discretion and make reasoned judgments in a timely fashion committing to a course of action without undue delay or prevarication
- Experience of dealing with difficult and sensitive situations in a professional manner.
- At least 7 years’ post NYSC experience in developing country health care programs or program support function 4 years of which must be within an international NGO
- Knowledge of the policies, regulations, reporting formats, and cultures of principal donors, including Global Fund, USAID, EC, DFID, CDC / PEPFAR, and others
- Extensive clinical experience in care and treatment of HIV / AIDS patients
- ECEWS has a competitive compensation package.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should submit a one-page capability statement and an updated Resume as a single document with Full Names as title of the document to: email@example.com with the position and location clearly stated as subject of the email.
Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
Application Deadline 23rd April, 2021.