Job descriptions Sample Templates How to do it yourself Words and Meanings Interview questions and answersJobs > Oil and Gas > Shell Petroleum Development Company (SPDC) Vacancy for a Business Advisory Analyst
Shell Petroleum Development Company (SPDC) Vacancy for a Business Advisory Analyst
Sep 23, 2019, 4:59 PM
Shell Petroleum Development Company (SPDC) is the pioneer and leader of the petroleum industry in Nigeria. We invest heavily in our employees, which is reflected in our industry-leading development programme and our commitment to see our employees’ ideas travel and come to fruition. We are recruiting to fill the position below: Job Title: All On Hub Business Advisory Analyst Reference ID: 121272BR Location: Lagos Employment Type: Full Time Experience level: Experienced Professionals About All On Nigeria has a 175,000MW power gap and an estimated 28 million households and 11 million SMEs that are either off grid or receive less than four hours of power per day (bad grid). This amounts to 120 million people living without access to reliable and affordable power. Addressing the access-to-energy challenge in Nigeria requires a combination of both the traditional large-scale power generation approaches and distributed power innovations that are smaller scale, lower cost, and quicker to market. All On Partnerships for Energy Access (‘All On’) was established by Shell as an independent impact investing company to work with partners to increase access to commercial energy products and services for the under-served and un-served off-grid markets in Nigeria, with a special focus on the Niger Delta. All On builds values-driven local and international partnerships to help scale business models. All On seeks both financial returns and social impact - to provide and/or improve access-to-energy for millions of households and SMEs. The company operates a lean structure to ensure efficiency and speed and continues to leverage expertise from Shell and other partners. Governance is through a Grant Advisory Committee and Board of Directors. All On invests in off-grid energy solutions spanning solar, wind, hydro, biomass and gas technologies deployed by both foreign and local access-to-energy companies that complement available grid power across the Nigeria and help bridge the significant energy gap. All On provides debt and equity capital to early and growth-stage businesses in Nigeria’s nascent off-grid energy sector. Due to the scale of the energy gap in Nigeria, All On also partners with other (development) financing institutions to develop enabling finance facilities that all businesses in the Nigerian off-grid energy sector can access. To ensure an enabling environment for sector players and further de-risk All On investments, the company works with partners to carry out market-building activities for off-grid energy including advocacy, research, consumer awareness, and capacity building. The All On Hub has been set up by All On with support from Shell and the Rockefeller Foundation. It is a facility established to build the capabilities of ideation, angel, and growth stage off-grid energy entrepreneurs operating in the Nigerian energy sector. The Role What will you do?
- The All On Hub Business Advisory Analyst role is an experienced level position with responsibility for providing business, functional, financial, communications, and strategic support to the selected All On Hub businesses.
- In this interesting and challenging role, you will make an impact by helping these selected energy access businesses effectively address their gaps and challenges and prepare them for scaling. Strong analytical, coordination, and communication skills are required.
- Provide business, functional, finance, communications, and strategy support to the selected All On Hub businesses.
- Anticipate and identify risks and gaps for Hub supported businesses and develop plan to mitigate.
- Identify where additional support is required from contracted professional service providers and coordinate delivery of required services to the Hub supported businesses.
- Day-to-day coordination of the multi-discipline professional service providers, including finance, HR, commercial, communications, and other functional areas.
- Work with the All On communications team to create the strategic narrative for the supported businesses as required.
- Co-lead development and delivery of the quarterly market update sessions for the All On Hub supported businesses.
- Support the All On Hub Investment Analyst and Hub Coordinator in preparation and delivery of quarterly investment readiness sessions.
- Work closely with the All On Hub Coordinator to monitor progress on the Hub workplan within agreed budget and timeline.
- Coordinate activities ensuring workplan milestones are achieved and targets met.
- Coordinate various challenge programs to select businesses to be supported by the Hub
- Maintain an externally informed perspective and commercial mindset on business opportunities and challenges and prioritize activities that deliver value for the All On Hub supported businesses
- First degree in Business Administration, Accounting, Finance, Mathematics, Strategy, Communications, or Economics from a reputable tertiary institution
- 3-5 years of Big 4 or consulting experience in a professional services firm, or prior incubation hub experience
- Experience in the energy access sector including working within an energy company – specifically businesses delivering decentralized renewable energy solutions (e.g. solar home systems and mini-grids) would be beneficial
- High energy style, flexible and adaptive, with the ability to work well in a fast-paced environment
- Stakeholder engagement and relationship building skills which are used to achieve results by influencing and motivating others
- Articulately communicate information and adapts effectively to the audience. Communicate with clarity and confidence
- Experience of working in or with small businesses Nigeria
- Track record of consistently delivering high-value work to meet business needs
- Advanced proficiency with Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel; able to prepare well laid out, easily understood analysis and presentations
- Ability to understand what our supported businesses need (immediate and long term) and focus on delivering innovative solutions
- Stakeholder management, influencing and relationship building skills
- Manage & support decision making with incomplete data or ambiguity at times
- Understand the sources of value (how businesses make money)
- Advanced written and oral communication skills,
- Harness creativity of others and self to generate new approaches to solve highest priority problems
- Ability to solve a wide range of problems and issues arising in early stage businesses without being a subject-matter expert
- Getting work done through others
- At All On we're committed to investing in the development of your career and we give people with your skills a platform from which you can deliver, create substantial impact, and grow professionally with a fast-growing organization
- All On is a company with shared values. Honesty, integrity and respect aren't simply a strap line, but are a part of everything we do. What's more, we're a company that places the highest possible value on the diversity of our people and on our inclusive approach;
- Join us and you’ll belong to a company where you can feel pride in your achievements in being one part of the solution for addressing Nigeria’s foundational development problem;
- We occasionally amend or withdraw Shell jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date.
- Before applying, you are advised to read our data protection policy. This policy describes the processing that may be associated with your personal data and informs you that your personal data may be transferred to Royal Dutch/Shell Group companies around the world.
- The Shell Group and its approved recruitment consultants will never ask you for a fee to process or consider your application for a career with Shell. Anyone who demands such a fee is not an authorised Shell representative and you are strongly advised to refuse any such demand.
- Shell is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Subscribe to Free Job Alerts!
Being aware and applying for jobs on time increases your chances of getting a job. Information is key. Subscribe to our free job alerts