Shift Operations Manager at Sifax Group
Sifax Group is one of Africa's fastest growing multinational corporations with diverse interests in Maritime, Aviation, Haulage & Logistics, Oil & Gas and Hospitality.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Shift Operations Manager
Location: Tincan Island Port, Apapa, Lagos
Employment Type: Full-time
- Responsible for the internal administration and control of the Vessel/Yard Section including but not limited to the implementation and control of all planned activities of the dockside/container yard and all other related activities.
- Creates, monitors and analyze the stacking area or boundaries for import and export containers and for depot stacking.
- Recommends to Operations Manager any changes that are deemed necessary for a better vessel and yard planning.
- Ensures that all information requirements and working programs under Vessel/Yard Section are done in coordination with the Planning Department.
- Meets with the incoming duty Shift Operations Manager for briefings and handing over of duties. Assesses the productivity level and the problems encountered in manpower, equipment, gears etc.
- Provide first line of response for emergency situations, damage assessments and enforces company policies on safety and efficiency in all activities at all times.
- Maintain continuous operations by ensuring all shift operational staff use the ‘’hot seat’’ changeover at shift changeover times and for operators rest break changeovers.
- Manages employees’ (ops staff) performance issues including training, appraisals, discipline and dispute resolution.
- Liaises closely with customs agents, trucking companies, customs, port authorities and other statutory authorities to ensure that their requirements are met.
- Provide terminal presence by maintaining routine monitoring on on-going operations in all areas to ensure that the established performance benchmarks are met. Initiates actions where standards are not being met.
- Coordinate terminal planning and operations to ensure effective ship working programs are set and maintained to ensure vessels meet sailing and berthing deadlines.
- Coordinates with the Planning Section regarding all planned activities such as vessel schedules/ordering of gangs, crane assignments/yard planning/confirmation of load and balances and equipment allocation.
- Creation of space in the yard in ensuring highest vessel productivity through the efficient use of all operational tools and machines in the yard in receiving/delivering containers discharged/loaded from the vessel with quick turnaround.
- Responsible for efficient allocation of all shift operational staff and cost-effective utilization of equipment resources to match the operational requirement of the terminal.
- Performs other duties that the Superior may direct from time to time.
- BSc, HND or M.Sc. A recognized shipping qualification applicable to the role.
- Ability to multitask
- Excellent communicator
- Professionalism, Teamwork, Problem solving, Leadership skills
- Excellent Management and Coordinating skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Excellent terminal operations communicator.
- Problem-solving ability, particularly when working under pressure.
- Must be able and flexible to work variable shifts, weekends, and holiday-specific shifts to be determined.
- Must be able to work extended hours on short notice during non-routine operations.
- Leadership ability is required to be able to coordinate shift activities
N300,000 - N350,000 / month.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Applications to: [email protected] using the Job Title as the subject of the email
Application Deadline 10th October, 2022.