Job descriptions Sample Templates How to do it yourself Words and Meanings Interview questions and answersJobs > Recruitment / Consulting Company > Shop Manager in a Foremost Retail Outlet
Shop Manager in a Foremost Retail Outlet
Mar 19, 2020, 4:42 PM
Sunrose Consulting Limited - Our client is a foremost retail outlet with branches in strategic areas of Lagos. The company is well known for high quality gift and household items. It’s a one stop shop for discerning customers with a high taste for luxury products.
The company is now seeking to recruit an exceptional individual to fill the position below:
Job Title: Shop Manager Location: Lagos
- You will be responsible for the general management of the shop.
- Your primary purpose is to ensure the shop's operations run smoothly.
- Your duties include motivating the sales team, creating business strategies, developing promotional material, and training new staff.
- Reporting to the Managing Director, you will run the shop successfully.
- Working on the shop floor, you will be in constant contact with the customers and staff.
- You will be responsible for ensuring the staff give great customer service as well as monitoring the financial performance of the shop.
- Coordinate daily staffing and staffing schedules
- Ensure compliance with health and safety legislation
- Perform administrative tasks to support the smooth operation of all shop operations, including the timely submission of all personnel paperwork, preparing and submitting reports, and monitoring sales receipts and cash
- Monitor stock and inventory, and perform quality assurance of merchandise on a regular basis
- Prepare detailed reports on buying trends, customer requirements, and profits.
- Drive customer service excellence to every aspect of the shop, including shop appearance, display of merchandise, product placement, story layout, and selling procedures
- Ensure strategic goals and sales targets of the shop are met by maximising sales and gross profit, reviewing sales performance, controlling expenses, and managing inventory
- Hire, train, develop, and supervise staff
- Provide staff with feedback, coaching, and performance evaluations
- Customer service-oriented with in-depth knowledge of basic business management processes.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Strong ability to lead, and excellent attention to detail.
- Bachelor's Degree
- A minimum of 3 years' managerial experience in a retail environment.
- Strong leadership and customer management abilities.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Applications to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the "Job title" as subject of the email.Application Deadline 26th March, 2020.
Subscribe to Free Job Alerts!
Being aware and applying for jobs on time increases your chances of getting a job. Information is key. Subscribe to our free job alerts